• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Huge fan of both but this is just easily Makar for me. You’re taking about an elite minute muncher who is excellent at everything. Girard is good defensively, a little undersized, but good offensively as well. Lucky to have both to be honest.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Currently or how good does it project to be in his prime? ATM he's still figuring things out & can be flustered by heavy forechecks...and like all rookies has had both ups & downs this season...but his two-way potential is a big part of his appeal as well; thus why so many of us have been comparing him to Keith rather than Karlsson, ever since that first prospect camp he participated in as an Av.
so far the analytics paint him as average defensively and mega elite offensively in the karlsson mold. hell of a player though

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
As I voted a year ago - Makar.

It's a treat to have Girard on this team. He is a cerebral, silky smooth Dman who also munches minutes, pushes the play, and plays well defensively. And his contract is sweet.

That said, Makar is just plain special. He's something else entirely. He's a beast and I can't wait to see what kind of heights he can reach.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Oh this is a bump. For a minute there I got excited - not in a good way - thinking wow, Girard is really playing that well???!?!? (This bummed me out as a Preds fan). But now I see.

Avs are in a real sweet spot right now. They've got Mackinnon locked up so under market for so long, and they've got so many of these great pieces in place, a dominant top line and these top young D, and did a great job shoring up some of their depth... this team scares me. :(

Reactions: TheRarestDangles

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
so far the analytics paint him as average defensively and mega elite offensively in the karlsson mold. hell of a player though

"So far" being the operative phrase...as a) sample size & b) Cale's still figuring things out and isn't making the full impact that he is capable of. Some things have started clicking for him over the past couple of weeks, but he still has a lot more to his game to show. He's more explosive than Keith, so his offensive upside is higher, but the careful way he goes about building his transition game from his own zone out -- at least when he's comfortable utilizing his entire skillset -- is very Keith-esque...if that makes sense.

His adaptation to the NCAA & AJHL levels followed a trend that we are seeing repeating itself IMO; in that his production & offense translated quickly at those previous level, but it wasn't until year 2 that he truly dominated all over the ice and implemented his full skillset, while taking on even more responsibilities.

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Makar and it's really not even close. I have a very hard time seeing Girard ever be a #1 dman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad