Player Discussion Sam Gagner

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Good point. Still for a team like Arizona always trying to be above the cap floor? He's produced enough in past years I could see them picking him up... although yeah even then Coyotes prefer players with big cap hits they don't actually have to pay.

As you've pointed out, his contract makes a trade of Sam Gagner unlikely at the moment unless we retain salary and/or take another worse contract on in response.

I mean... we could also actually play him instead of just tanking his value? Idk :dunno:

Great point ES. I have no idea why we don't, he can at least help a pp somewhat. I have to surmise that Green just cannot have him on the team.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Hamhuis left quite a bit of money on the table to come to Vancouver and played very well in his time here for his salary.
Samuelsson also played very well for his salary.
Malhotra was considered an overpayment at the time of signing his deal, but ended up being one of the most important players that season until the unfortunate injury.

Also, a 3rd liner "at best"? Really? He was easily one of the most important players on that team. Kesler won Malhotra's Selke that year.

Are you going to suggest that Manny was a top six player for us? If so, you would be wrong. Also Kesler won Kesler's Selke that year. Your opinion doesn't change that...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad