Pre-Game Talk: Sam Gagner vs Ryan Spooner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Ok now you're just trying to look silly...right?

I was actually just having some fun with this post but do genuinely dislike the player.

As I have said a few times he has played well for us so far. I just don't think it will last.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Spooner rocking with 3 pts in 6 gms (no goals).
I think the Oilers has a player here...:sarcasm:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think it could work as well. They both work hard down low. Very impressed with Currie. U gotta hope for him. Never drafted

Khaira Cave Currie.

Probably better than:
Lucic Brodziak Reider.

Either way we have 2 x 4th lines. I mean 2 x 3rd lines according to Hitch. Looks more like 2 x 5th lines to me.

Still I love the gumption and game Currie has. Edmonton will always cheer for the underdog hard worker. Always.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Khaira Cave Currie.

Probably better than:
Lucic Brodziak Reider.

Either way we have 2 x 4th lines. I mean 2 x 3rd lines according to Hitch. Looks more like 2 x 5th lines to me.

Still I love the gumption and game Currie has. Edmonton will always cheer for the underdog hard worker. Always.

I like the idea of a Khaira-Cave-Currie line. Sounds like a spicy Indian dish.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
I like what I have seen in Gagner and I think he could be a solid 3rd liner on the team next year

Reactions: McBooya42

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I like what I have seen in Gagner and I think he could be a solid 3rd liner on the team next year

We could do much worse. It's not like we've got upcoming contracts pushing us out of cap space. Putting manning and Benning in the minors might give us enough cap space to take a run at Zuccarello who is the only UFA forward I'm interested in.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
We could do much worse. It's not like we've got upcoming contracts pushing us out of cap space. Putting manning and Benning in the minors might give us enough cap space to take a run at Zuccarello who is the only UFA forward I'm interested in.

Benning would not clear waivers

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Benning would not clear waivers
Well, I think it's safe to say that he won't be an Oiler next year. We just haven't seen enough development out of him. Seriously better off with Jones playing on the right despite being lefthanded.

Reactions: ujju2

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Well, I think it's safe to say that he won't be an Oiler next year. We just haven't seen enough development out of him. Seriously better off with Jones playing on the right despite being lefthanded.

While I don't like the player overall, and certainly agree with the statement he hasn't developed, the rest of your post is bad.

Benning has shown more in the 2016-2017 season than Jones ever has. Benning regressed since then but still is a "relatively" consistent bottom 3 defender.

It's kinda like Caguillia. I didn't like the player but moving him without someone to at least replace him is foolish.

You can't trade/drop Benning and just hope Jones or someone else will be as good or better.

Bring everyone to camp and if someone clearly is better than Benning keep Benning as the #7 guy until it makes sense to move him. Especially with how injury prone our defense is it doesn't make sense to move him for nothing.

Benning doesn't thrive in a top 3 role at all but Jones completely fell apart when he was in that position.

Having said all that, with how awesome our defense prospect pool is you would think Benning shouldn't last the entire season as an Oiler and really should not be needed the following year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad