Riemsdyk
Gagner
Cherepanov

but really, i can see him go anywhere in the top 7

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I would take him before Cherepanov, because I don't know Cherepanov's contract status and intentions with regards to being willing/able to leave Russia before June 1st, 2009.

(However, I expect that many NHL GMs *will* know something more about Cherepanov's situation than I do, so of course, I'm not saying I expect he won't still be picked where he deserves to be. But the question asked what *I* would do, not an NHL GM, and I'm sadly ignorant about his status. :D ).

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The one thing that might go for Gagner is the fact he is so young (although the same can be said for Voracek and Turris). Alzner, Ellerby and even Kane are all almost a year older than these three guys and that amount of time can make a big difference. Obviously Kane is getting drafted in the first few picks, but I don't think this will be lost on some scouts.

Jordon Staal was in a similar boat last year in that he was much younger than most of the other draft eligibles (almost a year younger than Kessel) and he went through a shocking level of development in the past year - in fact, he scored more goals in the NHL this season than he did in the OHL the year before. Obviously you won't see that very often, but I do think you will sometimes see the younger players develop a bit more, simply because they haven't had the time to develop as much when drafted. I still think he's likely to go anywhere from #5 to #8, but it wouldn't shock me to see him go a spot or two earlier.

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
I think over the long run, Gagner will be better than the rest of those guys in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad