Injury Report: Sam Darnold (Mono)

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Had it when I was 19, it hits HARD. Didn't get out of bed for three weeks, then somehow recovered rapidly compared to most.
I was told some don't recover for like six months which sounds like utter hell.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Realistically he's out for the season. I also had it, didn't go back to school for a month. Don't know how he could recover quickly to get back on the football field.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Chris Mortensen reported that he's already lost five pounds. I'd imagine that a lot more weight loss is coming. I don't think there's any way he'll be in football shape anytime soon.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Chris Mortensen reported that he's already lost five pounds. I'd imagine that a lot more weight loss is coming. I don't think there's any way he'll be in football shape anytime soon.
THey also have a brutal schedule in September and into early October.
After Cleveland on Monday they get NE, then a bye, then Philly, Dallas then NE again at week 7.

Even with him at best they could squeeze 2 wins out but likely only 1. They needed that buffalo game.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
He and Allen got pretty close at the end of the game, shook hands and said a few words. For the Bills’ sake, I hope they didn’t accidentally make out.

In all seriousness though, even as a divisional rival, I feel pretty bad about this news. Living down here in the tri-state area and listening to local sports radio, I hear about the Jets/Giants all the time and sorta have a soft spot for the Jets for some reason. Never want to see a team get derailed so early in the season due to something like this.

Wait, scratch that. This could happen to New England and I wouldn’t mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad