Eklund Rumor: Sam Bennett to Boston

Kresco

Apr 10, 2016
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...Kane-for-Sprong-Nash-Deal--More-Buzz3/1/91187

I think that this is going to get ugly but what the hell I am bored.

Bennett a former 4th overall pick who has oodles of skill and nastiness but has been buried under Calgary's depth and has been put with a rotating carousel of under performing line mates such as Brouwer or AHL call ups. For fans who watch Bennett play they don't want to see him get traded, however he is wasted on the 3rd line. Given his potential and fearless style of play Bennett can easily turn the corner with a fresh start. However For fans not familiar with Bennett and his play there will be a lot of people claiming he could be had for a 4th rounder which is absolutely ridiculous. Realistically what could be the blockbuster trade from either team being offered up?
What blockbuster trade would the Flames want from Bruins? What would Bruins give up for Bennett and other assets to make the "blockbuster" trade?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Outside of Calgary Bennett is not seen as a centerpiece of any trade that could remotely be called a "Blockbuster." He likely holds more value to your franchise than he would in any return from other teams.

I can't speak for Bruin fans as to what they'd be willing to offer up.

Perkele 14

Sep 19, 2002
Terrebonne
Boston has great C depth, at least pick a team like Montreal when making this **** up.
Bennett is playing LW since Jankowski has been called up and he looks much more comfortable as a LW.

As for your Montreal comment, that would just repeat the same story as they tried with Galchenyuk and Drouin. Very small upgrade as a center. However, I agree that Bennett would fit in perfectly with the Habs as they need more of that type of hard nosed worker.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Sam Bennett's mom is a Bruins fan.
ihhxprS.png

ihhxprS

Reactions: veganbruin

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Sam Bennett really has no real value(own his own), the Flames would be wise to just hold onto to him and see how he develops.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Sam Bennett really has no real value(own his own), the Flames would be wise to just hold onto to him and see how he develops.

Just because he’s underperformed doesn’t mean he has no value. The guys 21 years old and can already be a centrepiece on a third line.

Flames won’t still on Benny.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
As a Bruin fan i would KILL to get this guy.......Are you kidding me. Put him with Krejci and Heinen and watch him get his confidence and start being the player everyone thought....How old was the underachieving NEELY when they got him ? Not saying Bennet can be Neely....But he can reach his potential....

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I just find it funny that he says Calgary is interested in a blockbuster type of deal and then he say Bennett to Boston.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Just because he’s underperformed doesn’t mean he has no value. The guys 21 years old and can already be a centrepiece on a third line.

Flames won’t still on Benny.
I remember thinking the same thing about Yakupov.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
As a Bruin fan i would KILL to get this guy.......Are you kidding me. Put him with Krejci and Heinen and watch him get his confidence and start being the player everyone thought....How old was the underachieving NEELY when they got him ? Not saying Bennet can be Neely....But he can reach his potential....

Ok, at least one smart Bruins fan

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I remember thinking the same thing about Yakupov.
If you think Bennett is anything like Yak, you don't know much about hockey.

Bennett is a fine 3rd liner who chips in and can show flashes of brilliance. Yak playing for the Oilers was lost defensively, and couldn't use his tools effectively in the NHL against bigger players.

To think they are anything alike (with the exception of high expectations not reached at 21 years old) is completely asinine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad