• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
goals? so this is like when James Neal scored 7 goals in 3 games with McDavid in the first week of the season...

finished the year with 19

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
goals? so this is like when James Neal scored 7 goals in 3 games with McDavid in the first week of the season...

finished the year with 19
if its points I say over but if its goals I say under

I think its pretty obvious its talking about points. That should go without saying

Only Draisaitl and Ovi have scored 50 goals in the past decade. If it were referring to Bennett scoring 50 goals the results would be 100% "under"

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think Bennett scores over 50 rather easily. He is in an excellent situations to produce. Next to a great play maker in Huberdeau and a under the radar shooter in Tippett, also Bennett's own game is progressing significantly.

Additionally, he plays on Florida's 1st unit PP which is absolutely stacked with Barkov, Huberdeau, Reinhart, and Ekblad.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Barring injury costing him a lot of games, I'll go with over 50 points. I think you could see in the 50-60 point range for him this year.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
If he sticks on the 2nd line, then over.

Inconsistency and dumb penalties drive coaches crazy though, they can always throw in Reinhart to center the 2nd line and put Duclair back on the top line so it's not like his position is set in stone.

I thought he was pretty bad in game 1, then obviously a nice response in game 2. It's up to him to keep it going and not give Q any reason to start experimenting.

Reactions: Regal

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
So a player who has scored 36,27,26 points as career highs will all of a sudden hit almost 70? He will be very lucky to hit 50.
tenor.gif

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So a player who has scored 36,27,26 points as career highs will all of a sudden hit almost 70? He will be very lucky to hit 50.

He's never played (consistently) with a player as good as Huberdeau, and he's never been consistently given top six offensive responsibilities. Comparing what he did in Calgary to what he can do in Florida ignores all context.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
What the hell did Calgary do with him? I’m not a Florida fan but I’ve watched probably half a dozen of their regular season games plus all their playoff games since they acquired him last deadline and this isn’t some fluke run. He’s legit really good at hockey.

Reactions: danktopshelf
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
What the hell did Calgary do with him? I’m not a Florida fan but I’ve watched probably half a dozen of their regular season games plus all their playoff games since they acquired him last deadline and this isn’t some fluke run. He’s legit really good at hockey.

Tried turning him into a grinder. It also helps to play with Huberdeau, who is probably a top 5 winger in the game.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Tried turning him into a grinder. It also helps to play with Huberdeau, who is probably a top 5 winger in the game.

I feel like he always seemed better at center too, but never got enough chance as one in the top 6 because Monahan was stapled to Gaudreau and Backlund was the matchup center

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

What did Calgary do to him? Filled out their top six, then played Bennett with whatever crap was left over in the bottom six getting 12 minutes per night.

You're an Avs fan, right? Imagine Colorado using MacKinnon exclusively on the 3rd or 4th line next to Bellemare and Calvert, getting 12 or 13 minutes of ice time per night with only mop up PP time. Now imagine Colorado expecting MacKinnon to be more than a 20-30 point man in that situation. That's Calgary's usage of him in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad