Pre-Game Talk: Sam Bennett Hype thread! Playing Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
I hope both Byron a Diaz are able to go vs Winnipeg along with Bennett. In that scenario I would give Boys in the Hud a rest plus wideman and Russel and go with a lineup of:
Raymond,Backlund,Colborne
Bennett,Stajan,Jones
Ferland,Granlund,Jooris
Bollig,Shore,Byron

Brodie,Engelland
Schlemko,Potter
Wotherspoon,Diaz

Sit Hiller also and go with Ortio

turnagainoutlaw

Apr 1, 2013
Yukon
I hope both Byron a Diaz are able to go vs Winnipeg along with Bennett. In that scenario I would give Boys in the Hud a rest plus wideman and Russel and go with a lineup of:
Raymond,Backlund,Colborne
Bennett,Stajan,Jones
Ferland,Granlund,Jooris
Bollig,Shore,Byron

Brodie,Engelland
Schlemko,Potter
Wotherspoon,Diaz

Sit Hiller also and go with Ortio

Gotta leave Johnny in there, he is still fighting for the Calder. Rest Hudler, throw Bennett on the wing with Monahan and Gaudreau.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'd give Russell the night off. He's one bad shot block away from a complete disaster for our season.
I'd also give Hudler a night off, he took some major punishment last game.
Throw in Joni so that Hiller can be completely ready for the Nucks.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I'd give Russell the night off. He's one bad shot block away from a complete disaster for our season.
I'd also give Hudler a night off, he took some major punishment last game.
Throw in Joni so that Hiller can be completely ready for the Nucks.

Give Hiller, Russell, Hudler, Monahan and replace them with Ortio, Witherspoon, Shore, and Bennett. Possibly add Byron in too.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
From what Gelinas said on the 960, it sounds like they will be resting Hudler. He got slashed pretty hard.

Also, Potter only had 2 1/2 minutes. Surely Wotherspoon will get a chance to show what he's made of.

FlamesFreak4

Oct 10, 2012
Calgary
Rest Hudler, Russell and Hiller

Bennett - Monahan - Gaudreau
Ferland - Stajan - Jones
Raymond - Backlund - Colborne
Bollig - Grandlund - Jooris

Engelland - Brodie
Wotherspoon - Wideman
Schlemko - Potter

Ortio

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Rest Hudler, Russell and Hiller

Bennett - Monahan - Gaudreau
Ferland - Stajan - Jones
Raymond - Backlund - Colborne
Bollig - Grandlund - Jooris

Engelland - Brodie
Wotherspoon - Wideman
Schlemko - Potter

Ortio

My lineup would be:

In: Shore, Bennett, Wotherspoon, Ortio
Out: Hudler, Backlund, Russell, Hiller

Gaudreau - Monahan - Colborne
Raymond - Stajan - Jones
Ferland - Granlund - Jooris
Bollig - Bennett - Shore

Brodie - Wideman
Schlemko - Engelland
Wotherspoon - Potter

Ortio

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If Byron is good to go next game, we could potentially see the whole 1st line be rested, but I don't see that happening.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
My lineup would be:

In: Shore, Bennett, Wotherspoon, Ortio
Out: Hudler, Backlund, Russell, Hiller

Gaudreau - Monahan - Colborne
Raymond - Stajan - Jones
Bollig - Bennett - Shore

Brodie - Wideman
Schlemko - Engelland
Wotherspoon - Potter

Ortio

Why not give Bennett decent playing time? He's a high end prospect, with the game not meaning as much*, there's no pressure for him to preform. Give him top 6 minutes and see what he does.

*I don't see tomorrow as very important at all even if we're playing for home ice. It's out of our hands anyways. Playing a loose, fun game against Winnipeg who's likely resting a lot of their roster too will probably be enough of a chance to win as icing the best lineup we can. Then we're praying for another miracle out of the Oilers again... ugh

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Why not give Bennett decent playing time? He's a high end prospect, with the game not meaning as much*, there's no pressure for him to preform. Give him top 6 minutes and see what he does.

*I don't see tomorrow as very important at all even if we're playing for home ice. It's out of our hands anyways. Playing a loose, fun game against Winnipeg who's likely resting a lot of their roster too will probably be enough of a chance to win as icing the best lineup we can. Then we're praying for another miracle out of the Oilers again... ugh

Absolutely this.

Rest Hudler, Russell, and Hiller

Bennett - Monahan - Gaudreau (the fans deserve to see this)
Raymond - Backlund - Jones
Bollig - Stajan - Colborne

Engelland - Brodie
Wotherspoon - Wideman
Schlemko - Potter

Ortio

Anyone have an idea as to Gio's timeline to return?

EDIT: I can't believe I missed that Gio was done for the year! :( The "Win it for Gio" campaign does make a bit more sense now lol

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

You can easily move Bennett up the roster if need be :laugh:. Just don't want to overwhelm him. Then again, there doesn't appear to be anything on the line for this game.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
You can easily move Bennett up the roster if need be :laugh:. Just don't want to overwhelm him. Then again, there doesn't appear to be anything on the line for this game.

Nah, he's a competitor, he's got preseason time under his belt. I could see it being overwhelming for a college call-up, but this won't be too much for him.

Aug 3, 2010

Calgary has the chance to grab home ice advantage and you don't think there's anything on the line?
Every bit helps... :nod:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Calgary has the chance to grab home ice advantage and you don't think there's anything on the line?
Every bit helps... :nod:

Yup. Resting Hudler makes sense. Resting Hiller makes sense. Outside of those two, this team should be going out and doing what they can to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad