Proposal: Sam Bennett (CGY) for David Pastrnak (BOS)

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Bennett is already better than both players. You should know, especially with having a player like Sven on your roster that young players tend to struggle. The coach and GM raved about Bennett's play last year and really that's what matters. He's trending towards a major breakout.

Yeah sure. And Brandon Sutter is better than Sean Monahan hahaha

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Many flames fans believed they had the best defence in the NHL a few years ago... How'd that turn out?

Bennett isn't fit to hold Draisaitls jock

Pretty sure this thread was started by a neautral fan. Either way obviously bad proposal for bruins.

I'm a big believer in Bennett and I rather hang on to him as his value is low around the league (assumption) and if he keeps playing like he is now, he will be bottom 6 for future. I still think he can blossom into a top 6 star. He has the talent.

But hey.... let's bring up how flames fans overrate the defense in a trade threAd. Troll be troll.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Obviously bruins add, since oilers were so stupid to take Draisaitl instead of the goat Bennett and Draisaitl is more valuable than Pastrnak.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
If you're talking a fantasy pool, I could see an argument to take Sven over Bennett. If you're talking real hockey and winning games, Bennett is the best player.

All those games Bennett helped to win in the playoffs right?

Our teams had the same number of playoff wins ;)

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Many flames fans believed they had the best defence in the NHL a few years ago... How'd that turn out?

Bennett isn't fit to hold Draisaitls jock

Pretty sure this thread was started by a neautral fan. Either way obviously bad proposal for bruins.

I'm a big believer in Bennett and I rather hang on to him as his value is low around the league (assumption) and if he keeps playing like he is now, he will be bottom 6 for future. I still think he can blossom into a top 6 star. He has the talent.

But hey.... let's bring up how flames fans overrate the defense in a trade threAd. Troll be troll.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Yep. Here's a list of U21 as-of-Jan 1st players who took 800+ faceoffs last season:

Connor McDavid (19 / 20)
Sam Bennett (20)
Auston Matthews (19)
Christian Dvorak (20 / 21)

Who cares? If # of face-offs taken isn't really a huge deal. Surprised McDavid is on there, considering Draisaitl took A LOT of his.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Value-wise (not reality) it would be something like Hamilton and Bennett with a small add from Boston.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Calgary adds big-time you're talking about a first line scorer vs. a 3rd line center.

No offense to Calgary fans - it's just hard to justify him against a premier young offensive player when you use the "shutdown center" argument. We do know that Bennett had a lot of praise during the draft and has not been able to put it together. Not saying it will never happen, he just looks like more of a bottom tier 2C, top tier 3C.

He's not a shutdown center. That's just how he was being used. If Tkachuk wasn't there or Sam was a righty he'd have been on the wing and would have gotten 25 more points.

How many points do you think Pastrnak would have gotten if he was on your third line with no PP time?

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
There's zero reason for the Flames to trade Bennett right now. You only do that if it becomes clear that he won't improve, and right now, he's nowhere near being a bust. He's 21, and he's solid defensively. He still has really good potential -- but clearly, judging by the responses in this thread, not much value league-wide.

Bennett is worth much more to the Flames than he is to any other team.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
There's zero reason for the Flames to trade Bennett right now. You only do that if it becomes clear that he won't improve, and right now, he's nowhere near being a bust. He's 21, and he's solid defensively. He still has really good potential.

Bennett is worth much more to the Flames than he is to any other team.

Because they'd get a 70 point player?

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I came here just to put the OP on ignore.

*edit* before going I will add that Bennett *may still turn out but to make this thread in the summer of 2017 as a headline title representation for hfboards just makes the site look pathetic and childish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad