Proposal: Sam Bennett (CGY) for David Pastrnak (BOS)

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
This thread needs to go.

Flames' Fans: "Sam Bennett doesn't fetch Pastrnak"

Others: "Sam ******* Bennett doesn't get Pastrnak"

Others": "Sam Bennett is a bust"

Flames' fans: "No he's not"

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't understand this thinking at all. Obviously you're a Flames fan and you want your player to do well, but you discredit a player who put up 30 goals and 70 points because Marchand outscored him? While at the same time paint a hypothetical scenario where Bennett could surpass Pastrnak in value if everything goes well.

Bennett may very well have been a part of the Flames best line at one point but the argument you've made is a false equivalency, or could even be used to argue for Pastrnak who has more success in the NHL.

As it's been said many times in this thread, Calgary adds a fair bit if this is a deal they'd want to make.

As much as I love Bennett, if Pasta was ever on the table then the Flames should make that deal. But it wouldn't happen and I don't believe the Flames would add what the B's would ask.

But Pasta is a gem, that blend of skill, skating, playmaking ability, IQ, hands and that shot. IMO, he's a massive reason why Marchand did so well last season and he's a total driver. Pasta is one of my favourite players in the league.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
As much as I love Bennett, if Pasta was ever on the table then the Flames should make that deal. But it wouldn't happen and I don't believe the Flames would add what the B's would ask.

But Pasta is a gem, that blend of skill, skating, playmaking ability, IQ, hands and that shot. IMO, he's a massive reason why Marchand did so well last season and he's a total driver. Pasta is one of my favourite players in the league.

Believe it or not Marchand and Pastrnak both drive the offense. Bergeron does it all but he was a bit crippled last season. Marchand has a lot of skill as well, it gels well with Pastrnak.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Believe it or not Marchand and Pastrnak both drive the offense. Bergeron does it all but he was a bit crippled last season. Marchand has a lot of skill as well, it gels well with Pastrnak.

I never said he (Marchand) didn't. I think he's evolved into a world class player over team. I'm simply stating that by no means was Pasta a passenger. And I agree, they all compliment each other very well.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I was hoping this was from a year ago. How anyone can think this is a reasonable deal for Boston right now is insane.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I don't understand this thinking at all. Obviously you're a Flames fan and you want your player to do well, but you discredit a player who put up 30 goals and 70 points because Marchand outscored him? While at the same time paint a hypothetical scenario where Bennett could surpass Pastrnak in value if everything goes well.

Bennett may very well have been a part of the Flames best line at one point but the argument you've made is a false equivalency, or could even be used to argue for Pastrnak who has more success in the NHL.

As it's been said many times in this thread, Calgary adds a fair bit if this is a deal they'd want to make.

You're talking to the biggest Flames homer around. Nuff said.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

The poster you're quoting also thinks Gaudreau = McDavid and that Kylington has Karlsson 2.0 ceiling. :laugh:

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Personally, I would be willing to trade Brodie and Bennett for Pasta and a small plus. This sentiment is not shared by all flames fans but I think Brodie is our best trade chip.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
It would be just Brodie, not both. Maybe a small add like a mid rank prospect.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Boston would ask for one of Gaudreau, Monahan, Tkachuk, Brodie, and rightfully so.

Anything else would be a low ball "spare parts" offer and would be rejected.

I'd think long and hard about a Brodie for Pasta deal as a base.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Personally, I would be willing to trade Brodie and Bennett for Pasta and a small plus. This sentiment is not shared by all flames fans but I think Brodie is our best trade chip.

Me like brodie much

Bruin fans wouldnt like this proposal but their pro scouts and gm would

The plus from bruins would need to be value... something like zboril or lauzon or lingren...

But if i could get brodie and bennett for pastrnak and a kid id be all over that

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
As an Oiler fan 1st and a Flames fan 2nd you are just wrong on this

Say-What-meme-43580.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad