Salt in the Wound

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
Think about this for a minute and see if you can relate to how this must feel for me. I have been bleeding Blue since their inception in 1967. You know the story....going on 48 years with no Cup. :cry: Many of you share my pain.

Add this to the story....up until 2 years ago when the franchise was relocated to Des Moines, I was also a huge fan of the Houston Aeros of the AHL (my avatar). The Aeros were the AHL affiliate for the Minnesota Wild. Now, after the franchise has been gone for a couple of seasons, here I sit watching those very same players I rooted for as young members of the Aeros (Granlund, Scandella, Zucker, Brodin, Fontaine, Coyle, Kuemper) blossoming into NHL stars and dominating my beloved Blues (at least they sure did last night!). This is cruel and unusual punishment....I don't know how much more of this I can take if we end up losing this series! It'll be like learning that your ex-wife just won the lottery!

We have simply GOT to find a way to come back and win this series! If not....:baghead:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I feel your pain. That has to be especially hard given how familiar you are with some of the Wild's younger players.

I know some guys that work for the Iowa Wild so let's just say that I'm keeping a low profile today...

I really don't want to listen to them chirping me all summer if the Wild end up winning this series!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad