Sale of the Sens - the renewal WC let us all down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take a Bath Son

Jan 15, 2018
Literally all of that stuff had been said by more than a few people here, 0 insider knowledge whatsoever.

Grasping at straws at it's finest

media, fans, literally anyone with interest are wildly shaking this tree and seeing what falls. I simply cannot for the life of me understand why Eugene Melnyk would have any interest in holding this asset at this juncture unless he's playing 2 buyers off each other still.

Why would anyone want to spend their golden years getting blasted on twitter and running a disaster of a business under the microscope of the media with a whole city literally yelling at you to leave town. You would have to be the most narcissistic, certifiable lunatic... nevermind.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
There's nothing that was presented that most fans on this forum don't already know or couldn't find with 2 minutes of googling.

I don't agree, some of the tweets display knowledge about contracts, etc that's beyond 99% of fans. But the biggest reason it's suspicious to me is that nobody who cares enough to argue about sports on twitter in that much detail is going to do it from a weird anonymous account.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't agree, some of the tweets display knowledge about contracts, etc that's beyond 99% of fans. But the biggest reason it's suspicious to me is that nobody who cares enough to argue about sports on twitter in that much detail is going to do it from a weird anonymous account.
What stuff about contracts? Saying "Dorion is going to offer a contract"...

That user could could be passed off for 20 posters on this very board and no one would bat an eye.

Reactions: Hutz

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The thing is when you own both you can hide profits. Lets say the Sens were to finish the year with a modest $1 Million profit. The arena (owned by Melnyk) could then just charge them an additional $1 Million for "other services" to make it look like no profit was made. While I assume the lease fees are laid out, there are often loopholes in this type of contract that allow additional upkeep charges to be levied if needed (dressing room upgrade for example)

Not when the NHLPA has representatives that have access to the HRR of the franchise, as per the CBA.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
A group just spent $500 M dollars to buy a franchise in an unproven market where hockey is well out of the top 10 list of things to do.

Another group is reported to be looking at $650 M dollars to buy a franchise in a market that couldn't support the NBA.

Are people really naive enough to believe that owning an NHL franchise in a mid sized hockey crazy market like Ottawa is not a good investment?

Mid sized?

I would think small sized Canadian market, that has the bulk of it's expenses in US dollars and 100% of their revenues in CDN dollars.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
the guy Yost points at just wrote on twitter:
"I offered to talk to you via DM. I can assure you I have no connection to the Senators organization . But it’s all good if you believe that and don’t want to chat"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad