Sale me on Mark Mitera.

KaptainKourage*

Anyone saw this guy play ?? What can you say about this player ? He look like the perfect pick for the Habs. Big, strong, smooth skater defensman with good passing skill.

6'3 is huge for a 18 yo guys too. No impressive stats but never saw him play so...

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Markov#79 said:
Anyone saw this guy play ?? What can you say about this player ? He look like the perfect pick for the Habs. Big, strong, smooth skater defensman with good passing skill.

6'3 is huge for a 18 yo guys too. No impressive stats but never saw him play so...

He's got size, strong, skates pretty well, tough to get around and go up against (most of the time). He's got some good hands but isn't likely to become much of an offensive guy. His size and skating is what has most people talking about him as far as being a good prospect. This is not to say that everyone is in agreement.

...and yes, I have seen Mitera play this season.

KaptainKourage*

Oilers Chick said:
He's got size, strong, skates pretty well, tough to get around and go up against (most of the time). He's got some good hands but isn't likely to become much of an offensive guy. His size and skating is what has most people talking about him as far as being a good prospect. This is not to say that everyone is in agreement.

Ok. He look good. Thanks.

A solid pick in your opinion ? Can he become a #2 or 3 defensmans in 5-6 years or mmore likely to be a #4 or 5 or bottom pairing dman ? Safe to say he will be picked in the top 15-20 range ?

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Markov#79 said:
Ok. He look good. Thanks.

A solid pick in your opinion ? Can he become a #2 or 3 defensmans in 5-6 years or mmore likely to be a #4 or 5 or bottom pairing dman ? Safe to say he will be picked in the top 15-20 range ?

Solid Pick? Yes, I think so anyway.

I project him as more of a 4-5 defenseman. I can't see him becoming an elite defenseman like Erik Johnson or Jack Johnson.

My guess (and this is just based on who I've seen, which is very little outside of the immediate college ranks and MN high school ranks, and what I've read) that he's likely to go somewhere in the latter part of the first round, say around 20-25. IMO, he'll be a very good defensive defenseman. Whichever team picks him up, I think will be pretty happy with him down the road. Realistically, he's not ready for the NHL right now. He still has some things to work on/improve but in time he should grow into a real good player with a legit shot at the NHL in the future, barring any serious injuries, etc.

PMP5030

Apr 25, 2004
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
I saw almost all of Michigan's games last year.

Mitera should develop into an excellent defensive defenseman. He's an excellent skater and really pays attention to his defensive responsibilities. His offensive skills won't amaze you, but he makes good passes out of the zone and rarely makes mistakes. His defensive zone positioning is quite good.

Offensively, I'm not sure how much of an upside he has, but I don't think it's much. That's never what he's going to be valued for anyway. At the NHL level, I think his max potiential is as a #3 guy, the player who is not a star but can anchor the 2nd defensive pairing.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He's going to go from around 25-35 I'd think. Maybe a bit later.

He's a solid pick but an unspectacular one at best. He'll probably be an NHLer, but not much higher than a bottom/2nd pairing guy.

A Good Flying Bird*

Oilers Chick said:

Imagine Jiri Fischer. But smaller, with better hockey sense.
IMO, he doesn't have Fischer's upside (which Fischer never reached due to inconsistency and injury). But he should be a solid top 4 defenseman who plays on the PK and MAYBE gets some time on the second PP unit.
At one point, he was considered a top 10 pick this year but never really hit a groove at U of M.
I think he'd be a good pick as high as 15.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad