Salary Cap: Salary Cap Thread - Waiting for Goaldot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What's funny is that a Zucker-Carter-Kapanen line seems to pretty closely recreate "That 70's Line" that LA had with Pearson-Carter-Toffoli, the issue is that you're giving Malkin bread crumbs to play with :laugh:

I like McGinn and Heinen a lot. I'm not going to be happy if both of them are playing with a gimpy Malkin. They better have someone like Poulin or Hallander on Malkin's wing by merit if they're doing something like that with the 3rd line.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I like McGinn and Heinen a lot. I'm not going to be happy if both of them are playing with a gimpy Malkin. They better have someone like Poulin or Hallander on Malkin's wing by merit if they're doing something like that.

C'mon buddy... lean into it. You know they are sticking dude with some kind of ill-fitting nightmare scenario line next season. They seem to revel in it.

Just laugh like I do anymore when they trot Zucker out there yet again with Malkin and Kap is on the 4th line with ZAR and Blueger because he looked at coach weird at practice.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
You're one of those Yinzers that screams "SHOOOOTTT!!!!" for the entire duration of the powerplay aren't you?

No. But the people who post here who thought Recchi was the big culprit for the lack of power play production most likely do.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
They can line up the RWs however they want, invert the pyramid and have Rust on L4 and Rodrigues on L1 (okay, maybe not that far), as long as Malkin and Zucker are split. I've been optimistic on that one longer than anyone and just gotta call it a day. Persuade Sid to let Guentzel go, stick him with Carter, f***, make him 4C if needed (okay, don't) but... those two guys really are less than the sum of their parts to a big degree.

What's funny is that a Zucker-Carter-Kapanen line seems to pretty closely recreate "That 70's Line" that LA had with Pearson-Carter-Toffoli, the issue is that you're giving Malkin bread crumbs to play with :laugh:

I like McGinn and Heinen a lot. I'm not going to be happy if both of them are playing with a gimpy Malkin. They better have someone like Poulin or Hallander on Malkin's wing by merit if they're doing something like that with the 3rd line.

Just do it. Or

GCH
MMR
ZCK

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think if Zucker produces similarly next year with Carter - and I think there's a very good chance he does - he won't have the big caveat of "but he's dragging Evgeni freaking Malkin down..."

Which was true, of course, but regardless then next January-February we could use Zucker to go big-game hunting on the wing. He'd already have the salary to match and he'd be a much more attractive asset.

That's the "only" draw I have with this upcoming season watching Zucker, Carter and Kapanen, but once Geno is back they will lose Kapanen. Who knows what Geno they'll get when he returns. 1.) Geno who'll still point per game being bad, or 2.) Geno on fire with so much rest and hopefully a 100% rebuilt leg.
Until Geno gets back I'm not putting one ounce of effort into the bottom six. I assume....it's "same as it ever was" and I don't really give a crap about them. Not a difference maker in the lot. Bla, bla, bla defensive stalwarts...

Talking Heads....

lNoqeys.gif

Reactions: Night Shift

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
NJ really improved this offseason.

The BART line was effective last year. I'm fine with giving TB and ZAR the money to see if they can recreate it without Tanev. All else fails it's a one year contract.

CascadiaPenguin

Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I doubt it. I think we are pretty much a lock to make the playoffs tbh.
Wow, a lock? We're demonstrably worse than last year and are even less truculent, if that is even possible. Malkin's availability is a mystery. There is a chance Jarry is broken. Carter surely can't maintain his torrid pace. We're playing the rest of the league, not 57% of our games against the Rags/Devils/Flyers/Sabres. I hope you are right, but I worry.

Reactions: Andy99

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I don't think it's coincidence that my interest in going to games precipitously fell off after a stretch where the only games I went to were college football (student section, usually front row) or European hockey (cheering sections)...just such a better environment than the overpriced luxury product that the modern professional arena/stadium experience has become here.

I sometimes wonder if I hadn't spent so much time 2002-06 at the Igloo if I'd still be as big of a fan as I am today. The results sucked and half of the seats were empty, but it was f***ing fun and created this odd sense of community that went away once the team actually became, you know, profitable.

Yeah, which is why the quintessential NHL experience remains seeing it in a bar with friends or at home with a group, because who can afford to go to the igloo except turds on expense accounts these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad