Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building: The Calm Before the Storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Guess what guys. The league decided to **** us again. We have 17 b2bs next season.

Pittsburgh Penguins Schedule

SelfreliantPleasingCattle-size_restricted.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Is it safe to say my obsession with the buzz line, Ziggys (Palffy/Zigomanis), and Joe Vitale puts me in the running for the HFPens HOF on users who wanted a speed/skill team first? *Post Lockout*

Or do I get into the hall of losers for this?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The "half salary/cap" thing on re-entry waivers doesn't exist anymore.

Dammit. I had ONE hope left. Just one. And you killed it.

BTW, if that isn't an option, then just bury Johnson in the minors and take the 1.075M space for it. I'd prefer some Riikola type and a few hundred grand extra space to Johnson every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Is it safe to say my obsession with the buzz line, Ziggys (Palffy/Zigomanis), and Joe Vitale puts me in the running for the HFPens HOF on users who wanted a speed/skill team first? *Post Lockout*

Or do I get into the hall of losers for this?

Depends on whether you're asking me or @El Dandy . . . :razz:

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
This is definitely the least stressed out I've been on July 1st since Kessel, which worries me...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I can imagine how many Pens fans will be set off by this. Yes I’m laughing at them...

Doesn’t take long to go from hero to zero in Pensland.

Especially when the hero spends 24 months doing (almost) everything in his power to expedite the process?

(all is lost)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I can't imagine how JR DOESN'T deserve HHOF. If people want to call it lucky... f*** off. He won enough Cups and proved he has been successful. He won a cup in freaking Carolina. Come on. That is monster stuff. Then back to back in a cap era. Come on.

Whether you like the current direction of the Pens is vastly pointless. He earned the HOF.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
If FLA lands Panarin/Bob - that pushes the Atlantic to host at least one of the wild cards this coming season imo. Toronto/Boston/Tampa/FLA are good bets for the playoffs - with the first 3 virtual locks.

This is the first year in a while where I tend to disagree that our forward group alone is guaranteeing us anything. It took us 81 games last year - it may very well take 82 this season WITHOUT JJ. The East is just looking to be too stacked to chance anything on sheltered D-men, one-line forwards, or going out to lunch for 15 game stretches. The Rangers and Devils are already improved from last year and it doesn't appear that the NYI/Carolina/Philly are going to stay put either.
I mean, this is about as pessimistic as you can be :laugh:

If Florida is getting Panarin/Bob, that means CBJ is losing Panarin/Bob.
Washington just swapped Niskanen for f***ing Gudas and will struggle to not lose more depth with their cap situation.
Islanders have to resign or replace Lee.
Carolina hasn't done anything yet either except for getting rid of de Hann.
Flyers got Niskanen so far, but that's not going to make up for the 18 point gap between them and the Pens.
Same with the Rags and Devils. They have made some nice moves so far, but they were so bad last year, they have a lot of ground to make up.

I get the Pens didn't clinch a spot until late in the season, but they were as close to winning the division as they were missing the playoffs last year.

And that's not even going into the improvements that the Pens have already made with a (hopefully) healthy Schultz, full seasons from Bjugstad and McCann instead of Brassard and Sheahan, and the addition of Kahun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad