Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | Still July (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

From CapFriendly
AHL thread is here. Links to 2018 draft pick threads and QO information are in the first post.
Jack Johnson signing thread is here.
Cullen signing thread is here.
Additional July 1st signing info via pens.com
Rust re-signing thread is here.
Sheahan re-signing thread is here.
Thread for Sprong, Simon and Czuczman re-signing is here.
Brassard trade rumor thread is here.
Sheary + Hunwick trade thread is here.
Oleksiak re-signing thread is here.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Honour Over Glory , Manson's production this year seems to be a bit of a fluke considering how he's produced at all other levels.

He's slowly increased his totals and then this year, if you told me it was a fluke and his production was 20pts on the powerplay and 17 EVP, then sure, I would actually believe you, but it was 36pts 5 on 5. He has a solid shot and has always jumped up on the play, but this time the Ducks had better forward depth so his passes had more of a payoff.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Not going on this merry-go-round again. His problem all year long was a lack of production due to piss-poor execution despite tremendous opportunity.

Finishing 10th on the team in ES production with 18 goals combined with 12 assists despite being the most frequent linemate of the best player in the world sucks. Sheary sucked.

It isn’t a merry go round. You’re advocating that we scratched a player that produced more goals at ES than Jake Guentzel who saw 140 more minutes with Crosby at 5v5. He also was on the ice for two more goals with Crosby than Jake at evens.

Sheary sucked, yet produced more goals than Jake with Crosby at ES playing 140 less minutes than Jake.

GG

Reactions: Riptide

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It isn’t a merry go round. You’re advocating that we scratched a player that produced more goals at ES than Jake Guentzel who saw 140 more minutes with Crosby at 5v5. He also was on the ice for two more goals with Crosby than Jake at evens.

Sheary sucked, yet produced more goals than Jake with Crosby at ES.

The issue isn't goals. It's the fact that he had a paltry amount of assists to go with it, which adds up to pathetic total production given his role. That's always been the issue, and that's always what you've stuck your head in the sand about.

However you parse the totals, 30 points while being Crosby's most consistent linemate is awful. That's the bottom line.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
The issue isn't goals. It's the fact that he had a paltry amount of assists to go with it, which adds up to pathetic total production given his role. That's always been the issue, and that's always what you've stuck your head in the sand about.

23 goals were produced while Crosby and Sheary were on the ice together.

21 goals were produced while Crosby and Jake were on the ice together.

More goals were produced while Crosby and Sheary were on the ice together at 5v5 in 140 less minutes than Jake.

You are wrong. There is no head in the sand, you are just incorrect. Mainly because you like one player and dislike the other.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
What are they peddling? I feel like the Hawks trade away so much young talent and picks that I am curious if they legitimately have anything left to deal.

They've still got a few assets signed long-term that could be appealing to teams with impending UFAs that they're determined not to re-sign.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

More goals were produced while Crosby and Sheary were on the ice together in 140 less minutes.

You are wrong.

I'm right.

Being on the ice is not an assist. Sheary's production sucked and it should have gotten him benched.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They've still got a few assets signed long-term that could be appealing to teams with impending UFAs that they're determined not to re-sign.

Who? Like Saad? They could move him (again for laughs) and then have a 3-way trade with the Pens where we get Saad for what we were going to give up for Skinner?

I wish.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Who? Like Saad? They could move him (again for laughs) and then have a 3-way trade with the Pens where we get Saad for what we were going to give up for Skinner?

I wish.

Toews and Kane wanted Saad back. I hope they sign Nash to a big money contract :laugh:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

I wish.

I think Saad and Anisimov still hold a fair amount of value for some of the teams involved.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think Saad and Anisimov still hold a fair amount of value for some of the teams involved.

Anisimov and his age, I don't know if that holds a lot of value to 2 teams that are definitely not contenders.
Saad, he definitely does, he's an age that fits both the Hurricanes and Habs "we're not re-tooling or rebuilding, frankly we have no idea what we are doing" process.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I'm right.

Being on the ice is not an assist. Sheary's production sucked and it should have gotten him benched.

Sheary had the best GF% with Sid out of any of our wingers outside of Simon that played more than 200 minutes with Sid.

Every statistic outside of assists proves that Sheary was an effective offensive catalyst on his line and him being ahead of Hornqvist, Jake and Rust in terms of ES goals proves it by raw data.

That fact you cite assists as your response and than act like I’m fudging the data is just silly.

Reactions: Peat and Riptide

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

More goals were produced while Crosby and Sheary were on the ice together at 5v5 in 140 less minutes than Jake.

You are wrong. There is no head in the sand, you are just incorrect. Mainly because you like one player and dislike the other.

On the flip side, they didn't generate nearly as much in terms of scoring chances as Crosby with other players.

SCF%:
Sheary - 50.66
Guentzel - 52.93
Hornqvist - 56.93
Sprong - 77.05

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Toews and Kane wanted Saad back. I hope they sign Nash to a big money contract :laugh:
I think Nash is closer to contemplating retirement than signing anything. I remember hearing he wanted to go back to Columbus, then probably realised Torts was still there and is like nah.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sheary had the best GF% with Sid out of any of our wingers outside of Simon that played more than 200 minutes with Sid.

Every statistic outside of assists proves that Sheary was an effective offensive catalyst on his line and him being ahead of Hornqvist, Jake and Rust in terms of ES goals proves it by raw data.

That fact you cite assists as your response and than act like I’m fudging the data is just silly.

Except assists are more important. It's why they're the other thing included in production, and why absolutely nobody thinks Sheary had a better season than Guentzel, Hornqvist, or Rust last year, and why Sheary was jettisoned from the team as sweetener while we retained the rest. Being present while other people score is great, but it's not as important as, you know, actually touching the puck and producing.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lol the assists argument.

Only the mainboard mouth breathers that think assists mean much less than goals would diminish assists. It's the catalyst. If that player doesn't make that pass, that goal never happens in the first place.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Except assists are more important. It's why they're the other thing included in production, and why absolutely nobody thinks Sheary had a better season than Guentzel, Hornqvist, or Rust last year, and why Sheary was jettisoned from the team as sweetener while we retained the rest. Being present while other people score is great, but it's not as important as, you know, actually touching the puck and producing.

Yeah, I think I’m done with the argument.

It’s like pounding a brick against my head.

I’m not saying Sheary’s lack of assists don’t disprove he wasn’t that good of a player this year. My point is his goal totals and statistics were not something you should scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad