Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building | No Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think this group is just stale, honestly. And I don't think the mix or chemistry (particularly on the scoring lines) was ever that great of shakes to begin with.

Eh. Lotta games left, I know.

Reactions: Son Goku

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I’ll be really surprised if they move Rust this soon because Sully loves him...I could see it if he’s still struggling at the end of the year but it’s too soon imo to move a regular player....that why I think all of the JR’s comments are just bloviating....he’s frustrated...plus, if the coach wants a fast team you’re not going to move out one of the fastest players unless you get another fast player back in here...

If anyone moves it’s Sprong imo and it’s solely because the coach hates him and is not being done to send a message to anyone or change the makeup of the team because it wouldn’t do anything

but if Sully isn't part of the picture anymore......does Rust stay....hmmmmmm :DD

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
I'm guessing it'll be Maatta and Sprong in a package deal. Obviously not everything is going to be told to the media. We've been here long enough now to know that.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Daniel Sprong is terrible. Just stop. He hasn’t earned anything and you are just infatuated with prospects.

Or maybe, here's another crazy thought, Sprong tore apart the AHL last year and is still only 21, and since he has to be in the NHL, it makes sense to put him in a position to succeed. That makes a lot more sense than calling a 21 year old winger prospect who tore apart the AHL last year "terrible".

Reactions: Andy99

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Yeah, if that's what they want from him, may as well trade him.

If Sprong has a career, it's going to be because he can use his speed to get open and his shot to beat goaltenders. Now, he's not doing either of those things, but if the expectation is he has to morph into a young Kunitz as a prerequisite to see an ice time increase (which I'm not even saying he merits), that's a thing that's just never going to happen.

That's just it - he's not doing either of those things. Nor is he doing anything else to help the team when he's not doing those things. You don't get it both ways. If you're going to be a one dimensional scorer, you need to at least show some sort of promise there. Or you need to do something else to help the team... and he's not doing either.

I don't expect him to become Kunitz... but he shouldn't be getting drastically out played by Simon or even Guentzel along the boards or on the forecheck. Because from what we've seen so far, he doesn't have the speed or the skill to overcome his lack of everything else.
Instead, he finds a young stud, oozing with talent, talent his sorry butt never had, and he takes out all of his pettiness on the kid. Jake escapes abuse why you may ask?? Coaches kid, understands how to placate meathead coaches.

A) how much talent Sprong has is rather debateable. He's skilled... but how skilled? What's apparent is that he doesn't quite appear skilled enough to make up for the fact that he's severely lacking in many other area's.
B) Guentzel escapes abuse because he produces. For as bad as he's been this season, he's still on pace for 25g/50pts+.

That's your dream, I want Sprong to play for 25 games with Sid or Geno. Preference Geno at LW>

Sprong can LW. Sully not suggesting he can is one more way to justify blocking him from the lineup. This is why Sully NEVER talks about him at LW. He wants him gone and probably will get his wish. JR can't do much other than give in or fire Sully. And he's not firing Sully this year.

And what has Sprong done to deserve this gift? I mean it's not like Rust or Simon had set the bar all that high... and yet he still couldn't surpass it.

Sheary was scoring at a lower pace than Sprong is, and I'm noticing Sprong pretty regularly out there.

The key difference being that Sheary was actually scoring. I know rough concept when talking about someone who's suppose to be a goal scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad