Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | Monday, February 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Holy cow, from trying to make a trade proposal on the main boards, Kings fans are absolutely insufferable. 2 of the 3 Kings fans who have responded are spewing absolute garbage.

Reactions: domaug

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Still think that pairing is working out like Cole and Schultz where Schultz is carrying him. If he’s getting paid 4 mil Maatta should be able to produce 15-20 points on his own pairing. That’d help tremendously.
Doesn't Maatta have more points than Schultz? #4 hasn't been carrying anyone this season.

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
Sheary to the Kings for Nick Shore and a 2nd, use that 2nd plus the Penguins 2nd to get Grabner from the Rangers. Run with:

Guentzel-Crosby-Simon
Hagelin-Malkin-Hornqvist
Grabner-Sheahan/Shore-Kessel
Kuhnhackl-Shore/Sheahan-Rust

Are you comfortable with this lineup going into the playoffs?
I actually brought the idea of Shore up earlier today on Let’s Go Pens site. The primary reason is that going for a Brassard limits any other moves you might want to complete. My trade idea came from the idea that the Kings were looking for a winger and d-man. The nature of the proposal would be Sheary and Cole to LA for Shore, Fantenberg, a highly regarded D prospect, and a #2.

I would then package Conditional LA’s #2, Sprong, Dea, And Hunwick (Cap Dump) to Buffalo for Kane and Pouliot. LA’s conditional #2 will become a #1 if Kane resigns. After checking CapFriendly, it all works Cap wise.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Doesn't Maatta have more points than Schultz? #4 hasn't been carrying anyone this season.

Schultz has been hurt a couple times.

Schultz: 40gp, 15p, 0.375ppg, 9ES, 0.225ESppg
Maatta: 57gp, 19p, 0.333ppg, 14ES, 0.256ESppg

I think they’ve been hot and cold as a pairing when they’re together. Schultz’s season has been hurt by injuries and probably be Letang being catered to.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I actually brought the idea of Shore up earlier today on Let’s Go Pens site. The primary reason is that going for a Brassard limits any other moves you might want to complete. My trade idea came from the idea that the Kings were looking for a winger and d-man. The nature of the proposal would be Sheary and Cole to LA for Shore, Fantenberg, a highly regarded D prospect, and a #2.

I would then package Conditional LA’s #2, Sprong, Dea, And Hunwick (Cap Dump) to Buffalo for Kane and Pouliot. LA’s conditional #2 will become a #1 if Kane resigns. After checking CapFriendly, it all works Cap wise.

Don't think you're getting very good value there.
Essentially you're saying

Sheary(signed for 2 more yrs)+Cole+Sprong(potential cheap 20-25 or more goal scorer)+Dea+Hunwick+flipping a 2nd

for

Shore+Fantenberg+Kane(for 1 run)+Pouliot(for probably 1 run).

If you're giving up that much, include the 1st and asked for a signed Kane.

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
Don't think you're getting very good value there.
Essentially you're saying

Sheary(signed for 2 more yrs)+Cole+Sprong(potential cheap 20-25 or more goal scorer)+Dea+Hunwick+flipping a 2nd

for

Shore+Fantenberg+Kane(for 1 run)+Pouliot(for probably 1 run).

If you're giving up that much, include the 1st and asked for a signed Kane.
The 2 is conditional, becomes a 1 if Kane resigns. Dea’s Value is based on Bott’s knowledge of him. Shore and Fantenberg are both young. Fantenberg is probably the piece most Kings fans would object to. The Pens pieces are necessary for the Cap to work. Remember, Hunwick may have a negative trade value.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

Why would we want Shore? The pens need a legit 3C. Not another run of the mill 4C that you can find anywhere.

Reactions: domaug

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Holy cow, from trying to make a trade proposal on the main boards, Kings fans are absolutely insufferable. 2 of the 3 Kings fans who have responded are spewing absolute garbage.
one of the counters there was Mitchell and Mersch for Sheary and Cole. holy cow...

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The 2 is conditional, becomes a 1 if Kane resigns. Dea’s Value is based on Bott’s knowledge of him. Shore and Fantenberg are both young. Fantenberg is probably the piece most Kings fans would object to. The Pens pieces are necessary for the Cap to work. Remember, Hunwick may have a negative trade value.

Even with the conditional, what Sheary+Sprong can potentially produce for 3+1M(Sprongs next contract) for the next 2-3 years for probably 1 run with Kane as your biggest "win" is where i don't see the value.

Reactions: Riptide

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Shore would come here as a 4C. Sheahan has earned the 3C nod according to JR. Shore is a righty, which the Pens don’t have.

Yah, I don't like Sheahan at 3C. He's played his best at 4C.

I just don't think he can be counted on as a 3C in the playoffs. I love him as our Matt Cullen, takes the hard Faceoffs, makes our 4th line good, PK staple.

Reactions: KIRK

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
What’s about instead of the 2018 1st in a package for Brassard, we use the 2019 1st considering that’s the pick that they will lose to Colorado. 19 1st+Gus+Sheary for Brass+3rd? Also, would not trade Jarry for another 2-3 years, we could do what Vancouver did and trade him for a top15 pick in a draft.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
If Kempe could play LW i'd move Cole for him.

I'm sure you would. Lol. Kempe is a good young top 9 forward with alot of room to grow. Im positive he is not available. And definitely not for scraps like Cole.

He does play wing and Centre.

He's mostly a LWer. As he can't win faceoffs.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Shore would come here as a 4C. Sheahan has earned the 3C nod according to JR. Shore is a righty, which the Pens don’t have.

Carter Rowney?
c38437780e0ddbfa0b48455afd2ddd0d7d0595c5a19f6cac02d43f92c3a98d53.jpg

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If we are talking about guys from the Kings, Tanner Pearson would look pretty good here.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Does anyone think this years team is better than last years?

If it is or isn't... it's not Sheahan vs Bonino that tips the scales in any way... its Letang and Cullen vs their replacements that make the biggest difference. After that it would be the play of guys like Crosby, Malkin, Kessel and Guentzel and Maatta. Sheahan vs Bonino is pretty far down the list of players I'm worried about.

Reactions: Tender Rip

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I’m not willing to risk our playoffs to see if Sheahan is third line caliber. I want to win.

Sheahan been playing great recently, but is anyone convinced yet? So many people(including myself) jump to conclusions. I would’ve been more convinced with Sheahan if he played at this level all year ... but there’s not enough time to evaluate Sheahan now since the trade deadline is upon us.

Even as one of his biggest flag wavers around here, I'm a little weary with him going into the POs. I really want to see him with another LW then Guentzel (if PK is the RW). As with every line, the right mix is key, and so far we've done nothing but try something that we know doesn't work anywhere else to work with him (JG+PK). If we can do that (Rust or someone else that actually works) AND they can sustain it until the POs (their play less so their production)... I'll be a little more convinced. As it is now... I'd still love to see a center who could at the very least challenge him for that 3C spot vs a true 4C (Richardson, etc).

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Sheary to the Kings for Nick Shore and a 2nd, use that 2nd plus the Penguins 2nd to get Grabner from the Rangers. Run with:

Guentzel-Crosby-Simon
Hagelin-Malkin-Hornqvist
Grabner-Sheahan/Shore-Kessel
Kuhnhackl-Shore/Sheahan-Rust

Are you comfortable with this lineup going into the playoffs?

I think you're completely neutering that line by adding him there.

I also think that moving Sheary (who I think will be moved within the next year) is a needless risk that should be avoid if at all possible. And I really do not see Grabner and Shore being the guys it makes sense to move him for.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
55+% on faceoffs, PKs, good for 40-50 points, plays 20 mins a night, not a migit (6' tall). Don't think he would be in our price range though.

He's out of our price range for sure, but I am honestly ok with Sheahan next year as our 3C as long as we have a solid 4C (either Blueger or a signing). People can hate me for that all they want. Sheahan, if he finishes this season strong, you can lock him up for a decent contract and he'll only build on the confidence this year and he's on a 30+ pt pace while "gaining confidence."

I'm 100% ok with that.

Reactions: Riptide

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Even as one of his biggest flag wavers around here, I'm a little weary with him going into the POs. I really want to see him with another LW then Guentzel (if PK is the RW). As with every line, the right mix is key, and so far we've done nothing but try something that we know doesn't work anywhere else to work with him (JG+PK). If we can do that (Rust or someone else that actually works) AND they can sustain it until the POs (their play less so their production)... I'll be a little more convinced. As it is now... I'd still love to see a center who could at the very least challenge him for that 3C spot vs a true 4C (Richardson, etc).

How convinced were people of Bonino and Cullen heading into the playoffs? Bones got the benefit of how how HBK got, Cullen slowly won over many people here. Then last year, Bones was struggling and people were still ok with that.

I think if you get a solid enough 4C, you go with Sheahan in the playoffs because at worst, he might not score as often, but he'll play a damn good defensive game and could possibly be put into a unit that wears teams down with possession (as in a Sheahan-Rust duo with a solid LW on that line).

I might be the only one not worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad