Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | Countdown to October Part 2 (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

From CapFriendly
AHL thread is here. Links to 2018 draft pick threads and QO information are in the first post.
Jack Johnson signing thread is here.
Cullen signing thread is here.
Additional July 1st signing info via pens.com
Rust re-signing thread is here.
Sheahan re-signing thread is here.
Thread for Sprong, Simon and Czuczman re-signing is here.
Brassard trade rumor thread is here.
Sheary + Hunwick trade thread is here.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I want Karlsson here for the PURE SAKE of watching HFB have a complete meltdown.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Think every team thats "talks are heating up" so far, he'd sign an extension for(LV, DAL, TBL).
LV doesn't wanna give up Theodore and/or Glass. DAL doesn't wanna give up Heiskanen.
Tampa's problem would be somewhat similar to PIT(needs a 3rd party) except exchange Tampa having the young D to trade but doesn't have the 2019-1st(technically. if they win the Cup, it's the Rangers pick).
PIT has the 1st or 1st(s), doesn't have the young top tier D-Man that has no say where he goes.

Bottom line is i believe a package starts with a 2019-1st and a top tier cost controlled D prospect/young player.
Can we trick Ottawa into thinking Olli Maatta is one?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Can we trick Ottawa into thinking Olli Maatta is one?

Thats gonna be a nope.
OTT would probably take Olli over Schultz tho.
Dealing straight with PIT, i see it as:

1st
Olli
top young player or prospect(Sprong or Jake)
Then another salaried roster player to fit EK's 6.5.
And just that wouldn't interest OTT imo(would want more: another 1st or top prospect)

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Thats gonna be a nope.
OTT would probably take Olli over Schultz tho.
Dealing straight with PIT, i see it as:

1st
Olli
top young player or prospect(Sprong or Jake)
Then another salaried roster player to fit EK's 6.5.
And just that wouldn't interest OTT imo(would want more: another 1st or top prospect)

If the Pens offered Guentzel, Maatta, another roster player, a 1st, and another 1st or top prospect Karlsson would be a Penguin... easily.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
If the Pens offered Guentzel, Maatta, another roster player, a 1st, and another 1st or top prospect Karlsson would be a Penguin... easily.

Problem is JR's not gonna offer that much(and even then i still say OTT says no cuz they want a young top tier, cost controlled D or D prospect at minimum. Like a notch or 2 above Addison) cuz he's trying to win Cups right now. Like in this upcoming season. Therein lies the answer to your dreams.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Problem is JR's not gonna offer that much(and even then i still say OTT says no cuz they want a young top tier, cost controlled D or D prospect at minimum. Like a notch or 2 above Addison) cuz he's trying to win Cups right now. Like in this upcoming season. Therein lies the answer to your dreams.

Regardless of what Ottawa wants specifically, there’s only a handful of teams that he wants to go to and a few of those teams are not willing to pony up that right now.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Regardless of what Ottawa wants specifically, there’s only a handful of teams that he wants to go to and a few of those teams are not willing to pony up that right now.

Oh so i get it now.
You think other teams won't "pony up" but JR will and OTT HAS to accept JR's offer.
Yea. not happenin'.

Reactions: RizzleMcRib

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Oh so i get it now.
You think other teams won't "pony up" but JR will and OTT HAS to accept JR's offer.
Yea. not happenin'.

You don’t get it even a little. I’m saying other teams don’t want to give up what you think it will take, and neither would JR. Your whole point is that Ottawa would demand a player like Heiskanen and Sergachev and I’m telling you as of now those guys aren’t on the table and Karlsson has to be traded so it doesn’t matter what Ottawa wants.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
You don’t get it even a little. I’m saying other teams don’t want to give up what you think it will take, and neither would JR. Your whole point is that Ottawa would demand a player like Heiskanen and Sergachev and I’m telling you as of now those guys aren’t on the table and Karlsson has to be traded so it doesn’t matter what Ottawa wants.

I get it fully.
I explained it in my post.
Just needed to add the caveat that you believe OTT has a gun thier heads and EK HAS to be traded right now.
If thats the case, and no one "ponies up", JR still finishes last to 2nd last.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
There would have been some kind of rumour that the Pens are pursuing EK. JR is very blunt about such things. There hasn't been, it's not happening.

Yeah, and there's zero chance that JR wouldn't be all over a Karlsson deal so my only take on that is that Karlsson has said he won't sign with Pittsburgh.

Either that or he's been busy working Bergevin as the third man in and didn't have time to approach Ottawa and Karlsson yet. :naughty:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I get it fully.
I explained it in my post.
Just needed to add the caveat that you believe OTT has a gun thier heads and EK HAS to be traded right now.
If thats the case, and no one "ponies up", JR still finishes last to 2nd last.

The market gets even worse if he’s not traded right now, so yes he essentially does. So I am 100% right. Carry on.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
but but but....Horny loses his composure and cant be trusted!!!

waterboy-o.gif

Is that Orpik drop kicking him after he scores?

Reactions: EightyOne

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
TB fans are absurd. They already are claiming because of no state taxes EK will resign there for 9.5Mil and that Serg and Foote is an overpayment.

But as far as the teams front office goes. How does TB and Dallas think they wont have to give up Sergs or Heiskanen? As a starter in the trade package.

I mean they seem shocked that they may have to give up more than just 1 good piece and a bunch of filler shit.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Yeah, and there's zero chance that JR wouldn't be all over a Karlsson deal so my only take on that is that Karlsson has said he won't sign with Pittsburgh.

Either that or he's been busy working Bergevin as the third man in and didn't have time to approach Ottawa and Karlsson yet. :naughty:

I dont think it's as much about EK resigning here which I think he would.

But I'm guessing we either don't got the goods OTT wants, or we dont wanna give up what they want.

I mean Melnyk wants young cheap players and picks right?

Guentzel, Sprong, Jarry, and a 1st is about all we got to work with in that respect and I think other teams can blow that away. Especially if they want a Dman back.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
There would have been some kind of rumour that the Pens are pursuing EK. JR is very blunt about such things. There hasn't been, it's not happening.

It's not out of the realm for JR to go into ninja mode, and/or come in last minute to do a deal that's to fast to rumor on.

TB fans are absurd. They already are claiming because of no state taxes EK will resign there for 9.5Mil and that Serg and Foote is an overpayment.

But as far as the teams front office goes. How does TB and Dallas think they wont have to give up Sergs or Heiskanen? As a starter in the trade package.

I mean they seem shocked that they may have to give up more than just 1 good piece and a bunch of filler ****.

The general consensus on an asking price from the Sens seems to be a first-round pick in 2019 (replacing the one they lose in the Matt Duchene trade), a “hot” prospect, and a current roster player, likely a defenceman, to step into the lineup next season.

That screams Maatta, Sprong and 2019 first.

Guenzel is off the table. Do Tampa and Dallas have a better secondary offer over that?

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
at 9.5 mil, getting to keep a nice big chunk of your own money is very nice....but serg and foote are not overpayment

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
at 9.5 mil, getting to keep a nice big chunk of your own money is very nice....but serg and foote are not overpayment
No state tax is going to stop him from getting his max value.

Why take a pay cut to 9.5 because of no state taxes, when you could get the 11 mil you want also with no state taxes.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
It's not out of the realm for JR to go into ninja mode, and/or come in last minute to do a deal that's to fast to rumor on.

That screams Maatta, Sprong and 2019 first.

Guenzel is off the table. Do Tampa and Dallas have a better secondary offer over that?

Tampa totally could outdo that.
Foote, Howden, Raddysh, Cirelli

However it seems as if OTT wants Serg as a starter or it's a no go. So how bad do they want EK? I mean if he is willing to resign I could deal with moving serg out for EK. But I guess TB wants Hedman, EK, and Serg as a trio. Greeeeeedy.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
No state tax is going to stop him from getting his max value.

Why take a pay cut to 9.5 because of no state taxes, when you could get the 11 mil you want also with no state taxes.

Personally, I feel he wanted that to force his way out of Ottawa. I could see him going for a bit less for a winning situation. Why would he want to hurt that aspect?

The teams are mostly close to the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad