Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | Countdown to October (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
In reality though Schmidt in 2016-17 is exactly the type of player we should move Letang or Kessel for if we are trading them.

Transition monster and doesn’t put up so much points that signing him would be impossible.. EK, Schultz and him playing behind Sid and Geno at ES at all times could give them a 100 pt renaissance.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
If Theodore were available for Karlsson, I'd imagine he'd be a Knight already. I don't think he'd be available for Letang, but I really, really hope I'm wrong and you bring this up to throw it in my face.

I’m not sure if Vegas feels the same way. He was absolutely terrible in the Cup Finals and there was a reason he didn’t stick with the Ducks from seeing him in person on the Gulls.

I don’t know if Theodore ever will be a top two D, but his skill set is perfect for our team. He’s an LD which kind of sucks if we are replacing Letang, but he’s the kind of risk I’d take.

Letang taking Engo’s spot in Vegas’ top four would also likely make them even better.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Kessel doesn’t get you Reaves...?

I missed the Kessel part. That’s ****ing terrible. Stop trying to piss away the roster. Kessel and Letang for Schmidt who is a year away from free agency and a 1st.jesus Christ.

I think @Solzhenitsyn has taken the red pill in the Matrix and is seeing how far the rabbit hole goes.

Should have taken the blue pill ;)

I get his thinking and end game but there’d be a more equitable way (if Karlsson did want to come here).

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Kessel doesn’t get you Reaves...?

I missed the Kessel part. That’s ****ing terrible. Stop trying to piss away the roster. Kessel and Letang for Schmidt who is a year away from free agency and a 1st.jesus Christ.

Calm down caaaalm down. Kessel, Letang for Schmidt, cap space, a 1st for EK and telling Vegas to buzz off. It’s a win for Vegas, that’s why they do it. But then you get EK and the only guy you move off the team is your #4.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
o04QHH4.gif

So much cocaine :nod::sarcasm::D

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I think @Solzhenitsyn has taken the red pill in the Matrix and is seeing how far the rabbit hole goes.

Should have taken the blue pill ;)

I get his thinking and end game but there’d be a more equitable way (if Karlsson did want to come here).

There’s only 1 thing Solzhenitsyn hates more than collectivism and it’s people who disparage the value of Erik Karlsson.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I still like the idea of us going after Ellis. He'd be a lot cheaper to re-sign and wouldn't cost near as many assets as Karlsson.

But that's probably why he'll stay in Nashville too.

I'm skeptical of his ability to be a true #1D. It's difficult to tell just how good he is when he's playing with/behind three really good D-men in Josi, Subban and Ekholm.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I still like the idea of us going after Ellis. He'd be a lot cheaper to re-sign and wouldn't cost near as many assets as Karlsson.

But that's probably why he'll stay in Nashville too.

That’s why when EK is available for below his market value you do crazy shit to make it work because it’s never happening again. Wouldn’t even take Guentzel man. Come to the Light.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
There’s only 1 thing Solzhenitsyn hates more than collectivism and it’s people who disparage the value of Erik Karlsson.

You gave Phil away for nothing! Letang easy gets Schmidt and a 1st. I know you said cap space but that’s for the following year and a lot of water to go under the bridge until then.

h6690B4DB

Reactions: vabm8

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Calm down caaaalm down. Kessel, Letang for Schmidt, cap space, a 1st for EK and telling Vegas to buzz off. It’s a win for Vegas, that’s why they do it. But then you get EK and the only guy you move off the team is your #4.

No. It’s terrible asset management and throwing players away. You know how you afford Karlsson and not killing the depth? Good returns on someone like Kessel. Not “yay, cap space! Shedding valuable assets for that cap space!”

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
No. It’s terrible asset management and throwing players away. You know how you afford Karlsson and not killing the depth? Good returns on someone like Kessel. Not “yay, cap space! Shedding valuable assets for that cap space!”

JR: “Is Phil Kessel in the Jeep?”

1440809188-humveeplanedrop.gif

Reactions: vabm8

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Fineeeeeee. Tuch (or more picks) comes back with Schmidt. But now they might not do it in my imagination because the whole point is to give them incentive to not outbid for Karlsson.

Idgaf about meticulous asset management when I have secured the best big 3 in hockey since the 90’s and have created roster flexibility while doing it anyway tho.

Last edited:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That’s why when EK is available for below his market value you do crazy **** to make it work because it’s never happening again. Wouldn’t even take Guentzel man. Come to the Light.

You had me at "wouldn't even take Guentzel".

Doesn't he have a pretty bad history with head injuries?

Not too bad.

I'm skeptical of his ability to be a true #1D. It's difficult to tell just how good he is when he's playing with/behind three really good D-men in Josi, Subban and Ekholm.

I'd actually rather have him more than any other Nashville d. Best balance of offense and defense of the lot IMO.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Fineeeeeee. Tuch comes back with Schmidt. But now they might not do it in my imagination because the whole point is to give them incentive to not outbid for Karlsson.

Idgaf about meticulous asset management when I have secured the best big 3 in hockey since the 90’s and have created roster flexibility while doing it anyway tho.

Cool. They’ll be surrounded by worse players than necessary and that cal space will disappear quickly when they’re trying to fill spots in feee agency. Making the big guns carry crap has worked super well in the past.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Cool. They’ll be surrounded by worse players than necessary and that cal space will disappear quickly when they’re trying to fill spots in feee agency. Making the big guns carry crap has worked super well in the past.

It is funny how people seem to not look at the past and realize it won’t work. Gonch and Letang weren’t that far off from Karlsson.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Guentzel, Horny and Rust are crap? Sprong? An elite D behind them are crap? Why are they playing with crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->