Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building - Change is Imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
....Suddenly I see all your other posts with greater clarity.

Good for you.

At least I bring insight and FORESIGHT to this board.... actually some of the best foresight here. You on the other hand simply bring a snarky bitterness to nearly every one of your posts...... always the critic (see "man in the arena")

Reactions: Turin

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
New thread's up.

And Sully is going no where. So pack those fantasies away for a rainy day.

I wonder if coaching is a market inefficiency in the NHL. Like coaching can make or break a team, yet NHL teams dispose of them at an almost unsustainable rate. It might be worth while keeping the good ones for a longer time and retooling the players whenever you have to. Just thinking out loud anyway.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Couple things:

1. Didn't say he didn't earn it. He did.
2. He has 100% weaponized it. I don't think that's even up for debate.
3. Didn't say it wasn't in his contract. It is.
4. When you've weaponized your NTC to include only teams that don't want you or can't afford you, it's JRs fault for actually seeking out teams that will want him? WTF is this?

People can agree to disagree with me. I think Phil Kessel is being a grade A ******* when it comes to doing this trade. He's earned the right...not saying he hasn't earned the right to exercise his NTC. But what he doing, is being an *******.

So you think that people shouldn't be allowed to have NTC lists then? What do you think the point of them is?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'll go to bat for Sully every single time. He may be a guy who has lost the room, but y'know, there are areas on the roster in utter shambles right now and that's an indisputable fact. We can speculate and argue about Sully, but the roster issues are staring people right in the face and they want to look everywhere they can but at the GM and the roster he's implemented over the last two years.

Phil's a temperamental headcase that stomps his feet, slams doors and pouts whenever things start to go badly. That's the kind of stuff that snowballs and worsens losing streaks. Creates lasting rifts between players and coaches.

Yeah, maybe Sully has lost the room and his mantra has been tuned out, but I'd like to see him coach a team with a roster that isn't riddled with holes again before shipping him off, and opening up the possibility for us to sign the next Mike Johnston, Willie Desjerdins, Dan Bylsma, Dave Hakstol, etc. You'd think people would remember what a truly witless, idiotic coach is like, since our last two fit the bill nicely. Trying to shoehorn Sully into that argument just makes me shake my head and laugh at the posters every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->