Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
RfKr9CA.png

6rqbYKi.jpg

From CapFriendly
AHL thread is here. Links to 2018 draft pick threads and QO information are in the first post.
Hagelin - Pearson trade thread is here.
Hagelin appreciation thread is here.
Sprong trade thread is here.
Guentzel signing thread is here.
DeSmith signing thread is here.
Grant for Blandisi trade thread is here
Oleksiak trade thread is here
Brassard/Sheahan+ for Bjugstad/McCann trade thread is here

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

vid387

Jun 23, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Send Johnson and a pick & prospect for Keith. Who cares if Keith sucks in 4 years when Johnson will suck then and until then. I agree gms think higher of Johnson than fans and may fill that “current nhl player” gms are looking for in trades.

Keith-Schultz
Petterson-maatta

SHOULD be a solid bottom six. If it fails look to move maatta and Pearson in the off-season

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Send Johnson and a pick & prospect for Keith. Who cares if Keith sucks in 4 years when Johnson will suck then and until then. I agree gms think higher of Johnson than fans and may fill that “current nhl player” gms are looking for in trades.

Keith-Schultz
Petterson-maatta

SHOULD be a solid bottom six. If it fails look to move maatta and Pearson in the off-season

I don't think we can afford Keith's contract.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
My concern with Murray is health related, not performance related. If people are concerned about Murray as the #1 going forward because he can't stay healthy, that's one thing. If it's some expectation of him having to play at a .920+ save percentage clip, that's entirely different.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Pearson sucks. Hagelin wasn't any better but atleast he was fast, but Pearson just sucks.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Wilson isn't anything special and I do not see any real upside to him. But for someone getting 10% zone starts, his numbers are pretty good. Add in a physical game, a 650k contract and us not hindering his development in any way if we scratch him for half the season, and he's a nice player to have as the 12/13/14F. He's basically Ruhwedel of the forward group. Which when you have a bunch of younger players vying for roster spots in the 10-12F range, he is a nice one to have kicking around.

Not so young at 27, but yes he's a nice depth guy to have on L4. You don't ever want him any higher then that, but he's a good cheap player for that line.
Disagree, tbh he's easily worst player, he's a black hole

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Well I’m not sure there’ll be better alternatives out there...I just think if we can’t rely on Murray (injury or otherwise) then I don’t want to sign him to a lengthy extension t double his current salary

The goal is to win the Cup, not sign the best contracts. If we can get cheaper equally good goaltending vs Murray at 6MM, let's do it, but don't avoid paying the market for a goalie just because you don't want to.

Also, if Murray still struggles with injuries and consistency, then maybe he comes cheaper.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Hagelin would have solved nothing the last few games.
It's so crazy to be attached to him.

The team was plenty shitty earlier this year with his apparently amazing speed.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Is Ethan Prow ready?

He’s good enough right now to compete for a bottom pairing spot, and he’s a natural RD which we’re dying for...he should at least be tried...no doubt he couldnt be worse than JJ

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014

The team was plenty ****ty earlier this year with his apparently amazing speed.

Oh to clarify I don't think having Hagelin fixes anything. At the minimum he was fast and could PK. Pearson on the other hand is producing offensively(pacing for 28 points over 82 games) at a worse rate than Hagelin did just last season for this team(had 31 points in 81 games).

Just another JR trade that did not improve the team. Like most trades he's made the last 2+ years.

The biggest fix to this team would be to not have black holes in JJ and Maatta playing 40 minutes a night.

Reactions: EightyOne

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
He’s good enough right now to compete for a bottom pairing spot, and he’s a natural RD which we’re dying for...he should at least be tried...no doubt he couldnt be worse than JJ

There’s a chance he could be worse... like DP bad in his end with way better skating.

Reactions: Riptide

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Pearson sucks. Hagelin wasn't any better but atleast he was fast, but Pearson just sucks.

I honestly thought Pearson would be just fine after that goal he scored abusing Doughty.
But LA fans were right, he turns to nothingness on the ice for the most part.
Watch him end up in Seattle and be lights out. lol

On the topic of how you fix this defense, instead of trying to figure out how to move Olli for one
it may be time to simply put Phil or Horny up for sale.
You wanna get other teams to stay on the phone and see things through, thats one way to do it.

Reactions: EightyOne

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I honestly thought Pearson would be just fine after that goal he scored abusing Doughty.
But LA fans were right, he turns to nothingness on the ice for the most part.
Watch him end up in Seattle and be lights out. lol

On the topic of how you fix this defense, instead of trying to figure out how to move Olli for one
it may be time to simply put Phil or Horny up for sale.
You wanna get other teams to stay on the phone and see things through, thats one way to do it.

Pearson is showing way less offensive ability than I thought he had. Maybe it was limited viewings, but I thought he'd be a lot more of a threat offensively. Kind of like a poor man's Guentzel (ie. smarts and positioning rather than tremendous speed and flash).

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
And yea with the addition of Bjugs who likely ends up a RW'er here, as much as it would suck to lose one of them, i'd put Phil and Horny's names out there for a stud D.

I'd probably start with Horny and see if i could pull off a Nurse or Klefbom as one example.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
There’s a chance he could be worse... like DP bad in his end with way better skating.

Lol...I’m not sure I wouldn’t rather have DP than JJ...if he can skate and make a first pass he will be of more help than JJ at ES...and I’ll take that trade off

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Pearson goes to the right areas and he's got a good shot. Put him on a line that'll take advantage of that and you've got something. Stick him with a misfiring Brassard or Horny and the results are predictable.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

The team was plenty ****ty earlier this year with his apparently amazing speed.

People think the Pens game was footspeed. Wrong. Fresh legs helped but it was an aggressive forecheck and mobile, active defense. This team is completely missing the second dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->