Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building (Cap Details in First Post) | Turning Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Just hate the potential 3rd lines we have atm going into a PO series.
Get something that you atleast think may work as a 3C and might not even have to deal Brassard to get it.

But heres a quick starter list i'll make this morning:

UFA's:

Duchene
Hayes
Nelson
E.Staal
Filppula
Boyle

Not UFA:

Richardson - (1.25M this season and next)

Only thing i don't like is that he doesn't seem to be the greatest playmaker(5assists) but he's got 11goals and 5on5 he's rockin' almost 50CF% with 67%DZ starts. Also 54.7% at the dot.
I see he just recently went out with an injury tho. Took a shot off the hand and is week to week.

Sobotka - (3.5M this season and next)

Having a down year in BUF but getting buried in DZ starts(64.5%)
Dunno how available he'd be tho.

Soderberg - (4.75M this season and next)

Dunno how available he'd be.

Faksa - (2.2M this season and next)

Guy is gettin' absolutely destroyed on DZ starts(71.9%)

Hanzal - (4.75M this season and next)

Dude just CAN'T STAY HEALTHY!

Bjugstad - (4.1Mx2 more seasons)

Isn't used to a ton of the C position tho...

Coyle - (3.2M this season and next)

More of an offensive C but could probably be coached up to be a better 2-way guy here.

Shaw - (3.9Mx3 more seasons)

Doesn't seem to be a natural C but can play it.

Gaudreau
- (666k this season and next)

Having a very down year. More offensive than defensive C.

Pageau - (3.1M this season and next)

A do over perhaps where JR selects the correct guy.

Z.Smith - (3.25Mx2 more seasons)

Lowry - (2.916666Mx 2 more seasons)

If a names not on here it's cuz either the money don't fit atm(ie. J.Staal)/they pretty likely aren't available(ie. Danault/Haula) or i don't like the player for the 3C position(ie. Carter).

I like to really like Richardson, Sobotka, Faksa, Coyle, and Lowry.
Faksa's probably my top guy atm.
Like pretty much all of the UFA's.
This was strictly looking at the C position obviously.

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Carolina's board doesn't seem interested in Jarry unless he's coming over with something significant.

Carolina fans also think that Ferland is going to bring back a 1st at the deadline, so I'm not sure you should take their opinions that seriously :laugh:

Ferland's value is a 2nd and a decent prospect. I don't think Jarry has that value, but it's very close. Add something like a 3rd/4th to Jarry and you hit that value.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Just hate the potential 3rd lines we have atm going into a PO series.
Get something that you atleast think may work as a 3C and might not even have to deal Brassard to get it.

But heres a quick starter list i'll make this morning:

If a names not on here it's cuz either the money don't fit atm(ie. J.Staal)/they pretty likely aren't available(ie. Danault/Haula) or i don't like the player for the 3C position(ie. Carter).

I like to really like Richardson, Sobotka, Faksa, Coyle, and Lowry.
Faksa's probably my top guy atm.
Like pretty much all of the UFA's.
This was strictly looking at the C position obviously.

What are your thoughts about Nashville? Bonino and Jarnkrok. There is Sissons too but I doubt they’d trade him.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Ferland would be a good get depending on the price of course. But if he comes in is Simon a permanent fixture on RW?

Also we need to get Brassard the hell out of here, and need a quality depth center in his place. Preferably a RHS if possible. Both are doable but not necessarily easy.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Ferland would be a good get depending on the price of course. But if he comes in is Simon a permanent fixture on RW?
I like Simon a lot. I'd have no problem with him being a 4th liner here when we're healthy with the ability to jump up the line-up when we have injuries. His versatility is nice.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I like Simon a lot. I'd have no problem with him being a 4th liner here when we're healthy with the ability to jump up the line-up when we have injuries. His versatility is nice.
I'd be ok with that also however I think he's played well with Geno of late. I think they're developing some nice chemistry. Simons a nifty type of player, good in tight spaces, on the right side of the puck and has routinely been able to feed Geno for some quality scoring chances.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'd be ok with that also however I think he's played well with Geno of late. I think they're developing some nice chemistry. Simons a nifty type of player, good in tight spaces, on the right side of the puck and has routinely been able to feed Geno for some quality scoring chances.
with Horny out, I'd certainly keep him there. Or swapped with Rust if things cool off. Him playing well with both Sid and Geno now is pretty great.

Reactions: Ryder71

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Would people be willing to run with Hornqvist on the 4th line when everyone is healthy if the Penguins acquire Ferland? You'll be looking at:

Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Pearson-Malkin-Simon
Ferland-Brassard-Kessel
ZAR-Cullen-Hornqvist

Sure, your first guess may be that Hornqvist wouldn't like 4th line ice time, but he'd still be getting top PP unit time and regular shifts in the top-9.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Would people be willing to run with Hornqvist on the 4th line when everyone is healthy if the Penguins acquire Ferland? You'll be looking at:

Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Pearson-Malkin-Simon
Ferland-Brassard-Kessel
ZAR-Cullen-Hornqvist

Sure, your first guess may be that Hornqvist wouldn't like 4th line ice time, but he'd still be getting top PP unit time and regular shifts in the top-9.

I'd do it. Rotate him in when you get injuries/losses of form. I'm not sure the team will though.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Pearson-Malkin-Simon
Ferland-Brassard-Kessel
ZAR-Cullen-Hornqvist

It’s fine if it’s working and it’s not like he wouldn’t be getting extra shifts up the lines on top of the PP.

If it’s not there is a lot of flexibility there. Rust or Simon would still work great on L4.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
When Schultz comes back (and everyone else is healthy), do the pens need to make a move or will they be cap compliant?

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
When Schultz comes back (and everyone else is healthy), do the pens need to make a move or will they be cap compliant?

We’re good. We won’t keep 9 D men though so expect a trade or Ruhwedel sent down. Riikola will pass waivers (I believe) but he’s too good to go down.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

Also we need to get Brassard the hell out of here, and need a quality depth center in his place. Preferably a RHS if possible. Both are doable but not necessarily easy.

Ferland played RW with Gaudreau and Monahan and is now playing RW with Teravainen and Aho. Seems like it actually might be more accurate to list him as such. But I doubt he has any issue playing the opposite wing.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Pearson-Malkin-Simon
Ferland-Brassard-Kessel
ZAR-Cullen-Hornqvist

It’s funny even without Sprong we are too loaded on RW. I imagine this is what needs to happen, Pearson - Kessel just doesn’t fit. I could see you running Ferland - Malkin - Kessel. The f*** Marry Kill line.

Simon - Brassard - Hornqvist as the 3rd line sounds good to me or follow what you outlined and put Horny on the 4th.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
What are your thoughts about Nashville? Bonino and Jarnkrok. There is Sissons too but I doubt they’d trade him.

For NSH specifically atm, nothing really makes sense unless you're trading Phil to them.
Does a UFA Brassard get you Bonino or Jarnkrok?

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
For NSH specifically atm, nothing really makes sense unless you're trading Phil to them.
Does a UFA Brassard get you Bonino or Jarnkrok?

No. Unless they want to gamble on Brassard as their 2C for the season for Bonino. That makes some sense as Turris is struggling offensively. Brassard is too but probably more situationally than anything.

Jarnkrok can play wing so he’d be out I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad