Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building (Cap Details in First Post) | Turning Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Janmark is a damn good top 9 winger, that's what I want him for. If we could, I would be insanely ecstatic to land Dickinson + Janmark for Brassard + 2nd.

You’ll probably get a 1st with conditions and a player like Honka for him lol.

Dallas has no real reason to trade for Brassard tbh.

Very few teams we’d want actual roster pieces back would to be honest. And if they do, they are going to be someone like Calgary moving out a Frolik for Brassard.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You’ll probably get a 1st with conditions and a player like Honka for him lol.
7o2HP2r.gif

Reactions: Peat

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
The way Brass has played, does it really leave a hole? I'm not convinced Sheahan, with all his warts, would not produce better with the same opportunities and linemates. Or Cullen for that matter, though he might struggle with the minutes Brass gets when he's not completely dogging it. But ideally we do get another 3C who can handle some defensive responsibility.
Brassard can play in your top 6

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
The thing that really ticks me off is Brassard’s usage. He’s never see zone starts like what they are throwing him in his career since a small sample in New York.

Like, did Rutherford not pay attention to the player he was getting. And if they are trying to get him going, why not throw him some decent minutes instead of playing him 11-13 minutes a night.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Brassard can play in your top 6

As a center? I didn't like him at all as a winger with Sid and Jake, he managed to shut down Sid, and that hasn't happened a lot this year.

We need to see him at LW with Geno to see if we can afford to carry him in to the postseason, because if he doesn't fit as a winger with Geno, then he's got to go out via trade.

Brass made a comment last year that he wasn't used to playing this few minutes, and he thought it was affecting him. Whether it's true or not, he believes it, and it's probably part of him being so disinterested.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The thing that really ticks me off is Brassard’s usage. He’s never see zone starts like what they are throwing him in his career since a small sample in New York.

Like, did Rutherford not pay attention to the player he was getting. And if they are trying to get him going, why not throw him some decent minutes instead of playing him 11-13 minutes a night.

Zone starts and minutes are certainly important, and could get a player going.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
As a center? I didn't like him at all as a winger with Sid and Jake, he managed to shut down Sid, and that hasn't happened a lot this year.

We need to see him at LW with Geno to see if we can afford to carry him in to the postseason, because if he doesn't fit as a winger with Geno, then he's got to go out via trade.

Brass made a comment last year that he wasn't used to playing this few minutes, and he thought it was affecting him. Whether it's true or not, he believes it, and it's probably part of him being so disinterested.
I think the stars are too aligned for Brassard to not play his guts out the second half. I want to see him pick up his emotional intensity and I think he will.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Once again. A take on Bonino straight out of January 2016.

He had four points in December of 2015.
And Bonino doesn't have the same level of offensive acumen that Brassard does. But away from the puck NB's a better player. So the comparison isn't necessarily a good one. At that time were people questioning Boninos work ethic? Because there's a legitimate case for questioning Brassards.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Like, did Rutherford not pay attention to the player he was getting. And if they are trying to get him going, why not throw him some
decent minutes instead of playing him 11-13 minutes a night.

Well You don’t want Malkin with any more D zone starts with how he been and Sid is carrying a huge chunk of the offence.

Including all zones for face off starts is it really that bad?
O zone 25%
Neutral 32%
D zone 43%

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Well You don’t want Malkin with any more D zone starts with how he been and Sid is carrying a huge chunk of the offence.

Including all zones for face off starts is it really that bad?
O zone 25%
Neutral 32%
D zone 43%

The solution...

Move Brassard + 2nd for Janmark + Dickinson (DoIt.gif)
Move Sheahan + Oleksiak for new Ipads.

Guentzel, Crosby, Rust
Janmark, Malkin, Hornqvist
Pearson, Dickinson, Kessel
Simon, Cullen, Aston-Reese

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Wild thought, but I wonder if experimenting with Malkin on Sid's wing could be something to look into. Malkin's struggling. Brassard could use some more minutes in an offensive role. I wouldn't keep it permanent, but I'd do it just to give Malkin a different look and get Brass confident for the stretch run.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
And Bonino doesn't have the same level of offensive acumen that Brassard does. But away from the puck NB's a better player. So the comparison isn't necessarily a good one. At that time were people questioning Boninos work ethic? Because there's a legitimate case for questioning Brassards.

Yes.

100%. Bonino was very bad. He was worse than this Brassard. He just got leeway because everyone hated Sutter so much.

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Wild thought, but I wonder if experimenting with Malkin on Sid's wing could be something to look into. Malkin's struggling. Brassard could use some more minutes in an offensive role. I wouldn't keep it permanent, but I'd do it just to give Malkin a different look and get Brass confident for the stretch run.

;) and then when he goes back to the 3rd line? He needs to work there or not at all.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Somewhere in a depraved looking man-cave, Dan Bylsma is reading your post like a Penthouse Letter.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
The solution...

Move Brassard + 2nd for Janmark + Dickinson (DoIt.gif)
Move Sheahan + Oleksiak for new Ipads.

Guentzel, Crosby, Rust
Janmark, Malkin, Hornqvist
Pearson, Dickinson, Kessel
Simon, Cullen, Aston-Reese

In this scenario I'd keep Sheahan - if only as insurance. Cap space isn't needed in this proposal, and unless we have a need for that cap space, I wouldn't move him. Do we need him? No. But I'm opposed to dumping quality players just because - especially when they're pending FAs with minimal value. If ZAR keeps playing as he has been I wouldn't sit him for Sheahan, which means when healthy he's a scratch - as is Grant, but I'd still keep both if we can. We want to win and the best way to do so is to have quality depth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It is not as easy to trade Brassard as it looks. He could be moved easily, but he leaves a hole. It would be a lot to try and get a 3C, middle 6LW, middle pair D all before the deadline.

He maybe leaves a hole.

And you're right, it's a big shopping list and maybe we're not going to get it all. Maybe 3C is the part we can't get and Brassard stays.

Although equally, its a big shopping list, and we're not flush with assets and cap, and Brassard's spent most of December making a case for being totally expendable. Its not impossible that Rutherford will sacrifice Brassard and turn to one of his 3 other centres in order to upgrade at LW/D.

I was on the Colorado board earlier this week talking about centers. They don't appear to have an interest or need in Brassard.

Well, they scouted us heavily and I'm not sure who else it would be for.

Oh, sorry. You misunderstood. I was saying that he basically cost nothing unless you’re trying to say Ian Cole was crucial to our D. Or a goaltender that likely never would’ve played here is assets for us.

He was an asset because we could have used him in another trade. We've missed on a couple of big trades since then. We've no idea whether the assets involved in the Brassard trade could (or would) have been used to swing them, but its a maybe. And maybe that would have swung the difference. Maybe we'd be a better team.

Reactions: Nakawick

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So, I SHOULDNT move to Homewood?

Hey, that's the neighborhood next to the neighborhood I live in. Yes, you shouldn't move there.

Pittsburgh is pretty shady at night too. So.. No room to talk.

It turns ot the crime stats in Pittsburgh are way higher than I expected, so maybe I should be looking to move.

It scored a 10 out of 100 on the crime index scale I saw online, that means it's only safer than 10% of cities. Just yikes.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
People talk about the drop-off from Brassard to Sheahan at 3C.. it might be there, granted, we just haven’t seen it.

Now, do it anyway and get Malkin’s LW with Brassard as the principal return. You get a hopefully clearly improved second line, and you get Simon to utilize elsewhere.

C-depth remains, with Cully, Grant and Blueger. It would be different if there was just a hint of the HBK magic - but there hasn’t been. With that in mind I’d be much more about making sure Geno is happy.
If anything - we are not overplaying Sid or Geno anymore, and we can give both those guys the odd third line shift with Kessel when its crunch/playoff time.

Reactions: Riptide and Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad