Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building (Cap Details in First Post) | Trolololo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Plot twist.
Nylander is scratched or plays ten minutes or less a night. Still somehow scores one goal.

This is accurate...if we somehow got Nylander, Sully would probably scratch him for ZAR and Wilson...he’s not gritty enough and isn’t strong along the boards...

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Last second offer. Johnson and Maatta for Nylander. TO gets the perfect compliments to Hainsey and the Pens get a decent player who will somehow make less than those two combined. No take backs.

Toronto says no. Pens don't bother offering two NHL dmen for him.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
When you're trying to win a 3rd cup in a row and you have a very good bottom tandem (as they were playing at the time) it makes very little sense to break that pairing up. Oleksiak since has been less than stellar. I think there were other ways around it. That's certainly not the only reason we lost, but it was the start of a bad trend.

Unless you're getting someone who should be an elite 3C. You have to give to get, and there's no guarantee that we could have substituted Cole for something else. JR also did try to replace him, he just couldn't pull it off. One of the reasons why I think people over simplify some aspects of making deals and finding players.

I think we could have moved someone else instead and still got Brassard. Sully wanted Cole gone, it's that simple.

Not really...

Who is this center, tho? I am asking cause I am not sure who fits for us at C on the 3rd line.

Personally I'd be less worried about 'fits for us' vs just finding a quality center.

Off the top of my head, I don't know who. Calgary would be worth talking to. They're playing Jankowski on L4 right now (12th in EV TOI and 4th in FOs). Although I think they'd be more willing to move Ryan instead just due to age and cost.

Brassard at 50% + Sprong for Jankowski? IDK.

Last edited:
Reactions: AverageJoeFan

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
A moderately serious suggestion: Brassard to St. Louis for Bozak at $4 million. Depending on how comfortable you are with Bozak at $5 million, they may not even need to retain salary.

I would have the same concerns about Bozak at 3C as I voiced about Brassard there last season. He's more of an offensive player then a defensive one. That worked in Toronto, and should in STL because they have some very good 2way centers there (Kadri, ROR). I don't think he works all that well for us here. And that's not because Crosby or Malkin can't play that role - it's that we don't want them playing that role.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I'd trade Brassard for a legit top 4 D then, Flip Maatta for someone like Soderberg or Anismnov. A more defensive 3C

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I'd trade Brassard for a legit top 4 D then, Flip Maatta for someone like Soderberg or Anismnov. A more defensive 3C
I'd give Brassard till early January to see if he can find a consistent rhythm here. If by then it doesn't happen then Maybe we consider doing something. I think it's a bit too early currently to just give up on the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->