Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building (Cap Details in First Post) | Plug Me In Just Like I was Eddie Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I would not be surprised if neither wanted to play with him 5v5. Which is what I mean when I say that they might agree with Sully regarding Phil's style.

Sid definitely does not. Ever.

Geno? I think it depends on the day . . .

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Yeah. Throwing Dumo, Riikola, and Pettersson down the left side is fine with me. If we get into a good position for a run bring in a vet at the deadline.

How far I’ve come from defending Maatta in the summer of 2016.. :(
Dumo Letang
Pettersson Johnson
Riikola Oleksiak
Ruhwedel

Is what you would have until Schultz returns. Then he pushes one of the bottom 4 out of the lineup.

What about Maatta and Kessel for Ellis and Arvidsson? We would need to add there right?
Guentzel Crosby Arvidsson
Pearson Malkin Hornqvist
Simon Brassard Rust
ZAR Sheahan Grant

Dumo Letang
Johnson Ellis
Petterson Riikola
Oleksiak Ruhwedel

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If you are JR, it's worth the ask, but I highly doubt BM would really consider it given Murray's current injury history. A year ago BM might do that trade. Of course, 1 year ago JR probably wouldn't.

I could see something around Kessel for Silvferberg, Mountour but no way with the goalies involved.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Do you mean "are" or "aren't" with Sullivan when it comes to Kessel? Because I would be a little surprised if they agreed with Sullivan on Kessel.

Sid ****** hates the idea of playing with Kessel, which explains why it never happens. That one I've got a really good understanding about. ;)

Geno, as I said, is more of a mixed bag. I compare him and Phil to an old married couple. What he thinks of playing with Phil depends on the day.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I could see something around Kessel for Silvferberg, Mountour but no way with the goalies involved.

Hot damn I’d deal Phil for that if Silf stays. It’d make sense if that deal was part of the Sprong one if they were interested though, you’d think.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Sid ****** hates the idea of playing with Kessel, which explains why it never happens. That one I've got a really good understanding about. ;)

Geno, as I said, is more of a mixed bag. I compare him and Phil to an old married couple. What he thinks of playing with Phil depends on the day.

It makes sense, I’d probably hate it too if I was him. Phil has no board presence and no one timer, so he’s like the opposite of Kunitz. They always look sweet when they find themselves on the same shift in the playoffs though.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hot damn I’d deal Phil for that if Silf stays. It’d make sense if that deal was part of the Sprong one if they were interested though, you’d think.

BUT, that's your risk. It could be we send a conditional pick if he stays. I don't know. I just didn't see that swapping of the goalies, but I could see Silf.

Problem is, I don't see how the Ducks defense makes that work. They'll need a defenseman to replace Montour. A real one.

I don't know . . . maybe it becomes viable when Fowler comes back? Maybe we add Oleksiak, but then it may not work for the Ducks under the cap.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Really, I would not.

I wasn't even necessarily proposing the deal. Rather, I was saying that if Phil for Montour was discussed, I doubt the other part was a goalie swap. Just makes zero sense for Anaheim. At least something around Phil for Silf and Montour is something I could have seen (at the time, I think Fowler still was healthy too).

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If we could get Fowler or Leddy for this team we’re golden.

Brodie could be someone more realistic.

Mobile and has a track record of big minutes.

Plus we have quite a few players who'd interest Calgary.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
IF OM is moved the one thing I'll miss is that he has a very good hockey IQ. And on this D core that's very much in short supply.

He hasn’t really showed that this season that much and because of his other limitations his game turns to **** if his brain isn’t functioning.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Kessel for Montour + Silfverberg (signing a 5x 5m extension)? Yeah I'd probably do that as well. I don't think we need a game breaking talent like Kessel, as long as the guys replacing him are skilled players. The below is still a very good top 6.

Guentzel - Crosby - Hornqvist
Pearson - Malkin - Silfverberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad