Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building (Cap Details in First Post) | Plug Me In Just Like I was Eddie Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Kind of hard to keep him when the coach has no use for him.

I am noticing a trend there. If Sully is predisposed to want you gone, you're gone eventually. Reaves. Cole. Sprong. Heck, if he had his druthers, Phil would be gone. And, frankly, but for the fact that even Sully isn't dumb enough to think he'd win it, I'm sure he'd be perfectly thrilled if Geno were playing elsewhere.

I'd PERSONALLY buy a HUGE "Fire Sully" billboard in downtown Pittsburgh if the f***er gets rid of Geno.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'd PERSONALLY buy a HUGE "Fire Sully" billboard in downtown Pittsburgh if the ****er gets rid of Geno.

That's one place not even Sully is dumb enough to go.

I merely was saying IF he had his druthers, then Geno definitely is on Sully's 'not one of my guys' list with Phil and the others mentioned.

Not that I approve of JR getting a contract extension, but when your coach is controlling the roster decisions, it’s a bad look and the coach should go...

JR isn't going to dump Phil to dump him, no matter what Sully may prefer. That's different than the other guys mentioned.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
That's one place not even Sully is dumb enough to go.

I merely was saying IF he had his druthers, then Geno definitely is on Sully's 'not one of my guys' list with Phil and the others mentioned.

JR isn't going to dump Phil to dump him, no matter what Sully may prefer. That's different than the other guys mentioned.

If Sully doesn't see Geno as one of his guys and JR knows this, Sully needs to be gone yesterday.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If Sully doesn't see Geno as one of his guys and JR knows this, Sully needs to be gone yesterday.

And that is precisely why Sully would NEVER push it openly, not even a fraction of the degree to which he has with Phil.

Sullivan loves Geno. KIRK is just having a pixiesfanyo level Letang tizzy because he’s main beau is under performing for less than two weeks.

Sully doesn't love Geno. He accepts the way things are and tolerates it because he has no choice.

And, my love for Geno is done. Dude completely ****** up Operation Get Sully Fired on Tuesday.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
And yet we've seen him more with Crosby this season then we have in the past 2 combined (other than that first few game stint under MJ at the beginning of 2015/16).
See when you say that though, you have to put it into shifts and minutes for context.

Yeah, he was, I believe I've mentioned it and others have as well in terms of line-up. But it's never for a full game, its usually during a panic shift of all lines and he's there for a few shifts with Sid.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
And that is precisely why Sully would NEVER push it openly, not even a fraction of the degree to which he has with Phil.

Sully doesn't love Geno. He accepts the way things are and tolerates it because he has no choice.

And, my love for Geno is done. Dude completely ****** up Operation Get Sully Fired on Tuesday.

Operation Make the f***ing Playoffs is more important than Operation Get Sully Fired.

If Sid and Geno want Sully gone, he'll be gone. Thing is, I feel lik BOTH are with Sully when it comes to Kessel.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So I just saw a commenter on another site referred to rumors out there that JR offered GMBM Kessel and Murray for Gibson and Montour....anyone hear this? Interesting if true...BM apparently nixed it quickly...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Operation Make the ****ing Playoffs is more important than Operation Get Sully Fired.

If Sid and Geno want Sully gone, he'll be gone. Thing is, I feel lik BOTH are with Sully when it comes to Kessel.

Can't speak about Geno, but I know for a fact that there's a reason Sid doesn't play with Kessel. And, it's not just Sullivan. BUT, that's about style for Sid. It's not personal.

So I just saw a commenter on another site referred to rumors out there that JR offered GMBM Kessel and Murray for Gibson and Montour....anyone hear this? Interesting if true...BM apparently nixed it quickly...

Details?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I don’t understand why people think Winnipeg has any interest in Maatta..I see them needing another center but not defense...

Because that's what their fans are saying - that they want a LD, and have little interest in a center?
If we’re looking for top 6 scoring for Maatta, why not try to get Kapanen back from TOR...they may not have the money to re-sign Gardiner and have plenty of middle forwards they won’t be able to sign...

I don't think Toronto fans would like that proposal... but I think it would be something that could work for both teams. Another option might be Connor Brown. Definitely a lesser piece, but perhaps with the right add, and the extra cap space it would make sense.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Can't speak about Geno, but I know for a fact that there's a reason Sid doesn't play with Kessel. And, it's not just Sullivan. BUT, that's about style for Sid. It's not personal.

Details?

Someone on Let’s Go Pens referred to internet rumors about this trade....just wondered if anyone had seen anything that said this was the bigger trade that Friedman at one point said ANA and PIT were talking about...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Because that's what their fans are saying - that they want a LD, and have little interest in a center?

I don't think Toronto fans would like that proposal... but I think it would be something that could work for both teams. Another option might be Connor Brown. Definitely a lesser piece, but perhaps with the right add, and the extra cap space it would make sense.

Well if we’re giving up Maatta to Winnipeg, and he has term and is young, why would we ask or want Perreault back as some people suggest...it should be Lowry...younger and someone who can play 3C here and has some term....Maatta for Perreault is not a fair trade

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
There is literally no way Gibson get traded away from the Ducks. Gibson is a primary reason that team is where it is in the standings right now. Putting murray in would be a death kiss to their season.

I’m sure...it just said that was JR’s offer/ask and it was shot down by BM....

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
If you are JR, it's worth the ask, but I highly doubt BM would really consider it given Murray's current injury history. A year ago BM might do that trade. Of course, 1 year ago JR probably wouldn't.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Maatta for Perreault while good in theory is not good in my opinion.

I'm not a huge fan of it either, but it feels plausible.

I don’t understand why people think Winnipeg has any interest in Maatta..I see them needing another center but not defense...

If we’re looking for top 6 scoring for Maatta, why not try to get Kapanen back from TOR...they may not have the money to re-sign Gardiner and have plenty of middle forwards they won’t be able to sign...

The left side of Winnipeg's defence isn't all that. It makes sense to me.

I can't think of 3.5 million reasons why they wouldn't want Rust on the 4th line long term.

Long term, sure, but the rest of the season if they can afford it?

Not that I approve of JR getting a contract extension, but when your coach is controlling the roster decisions, it’s a bad look and the coach should go...

People overstate this. There's not a single trade of someone Sully didn't like that didn't make hockey sense. Maybe Sully's disapproval has pushed things over the edge at times, but each and every time Rutherford has only traded guys when he's felt comfortable with it improving the team, and has refused to trade guys that Sully might prefer to see go when it hasn't made sense. Plus brought in at least one that he's not keen on.

Sully has an influenced - maybe undue influence - but Rutherford's controlling the decisions.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Well if we’re giving up Maatta to Winnipeg, and he has term and is young, why would we ask or want Perreault back as some people suggest...it should be Lowry...younger and someone who can play 3C here and has some term....Maatta for Perreault is not a fair trade

We shouldn't. Maatta is worth a lot more than a often injured undersized 40pt expensive winger.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Operation Make the ****ing Playoffs is more important than Operation Get Sully Fired.

Do you mean "are" or "aren't" with Sullivan when it comes to Kessel? Because I would be a little surprised if they agreed with Sullivan on Kessel.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015

Kind of yes and no, bit of a tricky question. If you interview and hire the coach and believe in him, you should try and get the roster that the coach says he needs to succeed. If you question that too much, you should probably fire him.

Then again you have the asset management to think of.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
There is literally no way Gibson get traded away from the Ducks. Gibson is a primary reason that team is where it is in the standings right now. Putting murray in would be a death kiss to their season.

#tankforhughes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad