Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building (Cap Details in First Post) | Plug Me In Just Like I was Eddie Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Nichushkin and Honka both healthy scratches in Dallas. Obviously it wouldn’t be anything approaching a season altering move by JR, but any chance either of these guys would be worth taking a flier on? Honka in particular interested me.

Since we are on the topic of Samsanov and Thornton..

Awesome documentary about them.

Long overdue but I meant to say thanks for posting that. Enjoyed it. Somehow Milbury came across less clownish at that point.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Honka's really buried in Dallas, but he'd probably be buried here too unless we moved out a D-man for him.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
Nichushkin and Honka both healthy scratches in Dallas. Obviously it wouldn’t be anything approaching a season altering move by JR, but any chance either of these guys would be worth taking a flier on? Honka in particular interested me.

Long overdue but I meant to say thanks for posting that. Enjoyed it. Somehow Milbury came across less clownish at that point.
I'd love both, but it's like Cole has pointed out many times now when Honka comes up, he'd likely have a even harder time cracking the lineup than Sprong, and seeing as he cant be sent to the minors, would'nt make much sense, even tho i think he'd fit our team like a glove.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I was going to say adding both would be a smart move, but I don't know if the Penguins have the top-9 roster spots to add Nuke, especially considering he's a RWer (I believe). Your top-9 is already kinda full right now with Guentzel, Simon, Pearson, Kessel, Rust and Hornqvist, I don't think you can add anyone without subtracting from somewhere else.

Sprong for Honka is a deal I'd 100% do if you can also swap Oleksiak for an upgrade on the 4th line.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
There’s also the real possibility that Honka sucks and there’s a reason he’s not playing. Probably can’t be much worse than what they have though.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
When you're trying to win a 3rd cup in a row and you have a very good bottom tandem (as they were playing at the time) it makes very little sense to break that pairing up. Oleksiak since has been less than stellar. I think there were other ways around it. That's certainly not the only reason we lost, but it was the start of a bad trend.

Unless you're getting someone who should be an elite 3C. You have to give to get, and there's no guarantee that we could have substituted Cole for something else. JR also did try to replace him, he just couldn't pull it off. One of the reasons why I think people over simplify some aspects of making deals and finding players.

I think we could have moved someone else instead and still got Brassard. Sully wanted Cole gone, it's that simple.

Not really...

Who is this center, tho? I am asking cause I am not sure who fits for us at C on the 3rd line.

Personally I'd be less worried about 'fits for us' vs just finding a quality center.

Off the top of my head, I don't know who. Calgary would be worth talking to. They're playing Jankowski on L4 right now (12th in EV TOI and 4th in FOs). Although I think they'd be more willing to move Ryan instead just due to age and cost.

Brassard at 50% + Sprong for Jankowski? IDK.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
A moderately serious suggestion: Brassard to St. Louis for Bozak at $4 million. Depending on how comfortable you are with Bozak at $5 million, they may not even need to retain salary.

I would have the same concerns about Bozak at 3C as I voiced about Brassard there last season. He's more of an offensive player then a defensive one. That worked in Toronto, and should in STL because they have some very good 2way centers there (Kadri, ROR). I don't think he works all that well for us here. And that's not because Crosby or Malkin can't play that role - it's that we don't want them playing that role.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I'd trade Brassard for a legit top 4 D then, Flip Maatta for someone like Soderberg or Anismnov. A more defensive 3C

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I'd trade Brassard for a legit top 4 D then, Flip Maatta for someone like Soderberg or Anismnov. A more defensive 3C
I'd give Brassard till early January to see if he can find a consistent rhythm here. If by then it doesn't happen then Maybe we consider doing something. I think it's a bit too early currently to just give up on the situation.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Hey JR...YOUTH MOVEMENT! do it. Sell off our crap for picks or different players, use the good farm team players for the bottom 6. We used to do this when we got Sullivan, then we stopped.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
This is like what it would take to right this ship.

Brassard, Rust, Sprong +1st for Petro

Maatta, Zar for Bozak

Guentzel, Crosby, Simon
Pearson, Malkin, Hornqvist
Johnson, Bozak, Kessel
Blueger, Sheahan, Angello

Dumoulin, Letang
Riikola, Pietrangelo
Johnson, Oleksiak/Schultz

Waive Ruhwedel

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This is like what it would take to right this ship.

Brassard, Rust, Sprong +1st for Petro

Maatta, Zar for Bozak

Guentzel, Crosby, Simon
Pearson, Malkin, Hornqvist
Johnson, Bozak, Kessel
Blueger, Sheahan, Angello

Dumoulin, Letang
Riikola, Pietrangelo
Johnson, Oleksiak/Schultz

Waive Ruhwedel

This organization will never give up ZAR....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->