Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building | August Edition (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Yeah, it's all speculation at this point...have to see how the first few months play out...but I already give Sully less rope than he used to have....many personnel decisions last year were head-scratching and he was outcoached IMO in the POs for the first time, but it's hard to know what effect any of that had on the second-round loss...I tend to think not a lot....

What were the many personnel decisions you didn’t like?

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
It looked like he really understood the farm team and how to put players in positions to succeed.
he had coached the farm team and knew what players were capable of. and it wasn't based on one or two shifts in a game....... he didn't have that advantage last yr. and the established players were unknowns and weren't given the benefit of doubt. imo
edit; probably not the best choice of words but i'm sure you know what i mean.

Last edited:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Crosby went from producing at a Wayne Gretzky level 5v5 to just a top 10 forward in the league when Dupuis was substituted for Gibbons/Stempniak/Hornqvist.

Correlation does not prove causation. Which is more likely, that Dupuis complimented Crosby so well that he was able to push him from top 10 5v5 to herculean numbers, or that Crosby went from being in his offensive prime (usually age 18 to 26ish for guys like Crosby) and is now 31 and (much as none of us want to admit it) no longer as good?

Unless you're joking. Sarcasm is not always easily read for me at 10:30 am on a Monday.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What were the many personnel decisions you didn’t like?

Well my first issue had to do with Sprong....I had no problem sending him back to the A but there were several times at the end of the year and into the POs when we should have tried him again...Simon was ineffective, as was ZAR, as was Sheary, and as was Phil in the POs...if he had given him another chance, we might be in a position where we know more about Sprong now and can smartly plan what to do with him this upcoming year...from a personnel standpoint, that was bad management....overall, I think he was too apt to trust and play pluggers and grinders, like Kuhn, and other ineffective players, rather than strive for a better fourth line....he gives lip service to rolling 4 lines and catering to the offensive skill/speed of the players on the team but often doesn't follow thru with that plan...

He was too quick to move around line combos at the drop of a hat, even more so than the last two years, with no-so-good results, and no one ever got a chance after the TDL to get comfortable playing with Brass (of course his injury was the biggest issue).....I also had issues with the way he handled Phil...he was very inconsistent and played him way too often with Geno when the analytics told him he should do otherwise....

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
One gripe i have with Sullivan is that he didn't give Brassard a single shift in OT in game 6. But instead went with Kuhn...absolutely terrible bench management there. Idc how hurt Brassard is, play him over Kuhn.

Brassard was the 4C that game...he should've stacked the top 9 in OT. Line 4 didn't get a shift.

Are you going to play a guy who is skating with a ripped groin in an OT game with other options at your disposal?

Reactions: Tom Hanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad