Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building | August Edition (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

From CapFriendly
AHL thread is here. Links to 2018 draft pick threads and QO information are in the first post.
Jack Johnson signing thread is here.
Cullen signing thread is here.
Additional July 1st signing info via pens.com
Rust re-signing thread is here.
Sheahan re-signing thread is here.
Thread for Sprong, Simon and Czuczman re-signing is here.
Brassard trade rumor thread is here.
Sheary + Hunwick trade thread is here.
Oleksiak re-signing thread is here.
Grant signing thread is here.
Jarry re-signing thread is here. He's listed on the AHL roster, thread is here.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
the 2018 Caps series was dull and frustrating to watch. It was trap Devils level dull IMO.

To their credit, they weren't winning trying to skate with the Pens, or probably Tampa Bay either, so they obstructed, hit, and mucked up the game, and just tried to win it on the power play. It's pretty boring to watch, so hopefully the league cleans it up.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
the 2018 Caps series was dull and frustrating to watch. It was trap Devils level dull IMO.

I’m still pissed off that goal in game two didn’t count, when it comes to my mind at least. Such garbage.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Play their game? Nah, we might not even be equipped to do that.
Try to play through it? Nah, they tried that, got head shot left and right and the league did nothing until it was already too late.

Its worked 2 times out of 3 and if we could go back in time and remove the fitness/bad form issues plaguing 5 of our most important players that series, it would have probably gone 3 out of 3.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Cheap shots, anti-hockey and PP. That's the Caps reciepe.

They also got us at the right time; tired of back-to-back Cup runs.

Let's see how they handle the grind now that they have won and that their dumb ass captain is probably getting his stomach pumped for alcohol abuse in a shady Moscow "hospital"...

Reactions: EightyOne

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Flyers re-signed Robert Haag, a fringe NHL defensemen. Time to hear about how good their defense could be in a few years.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
We've been hearing that for like 3 seasons.

At some point, things just are what they are.

Nu-uh! They have a bunch of young Bobby Orr's in their farm system who will immediately transition into the NHL without any growing pains! If you don't believe me, just ask Flyers fans.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Nu-uh! They have a bunch of young Bobby Orr's in their farm system who will immediately transition into the NHL without any growing pains! If you don't believe me, just ask Flyers fans.

I mean, Provorov and Ghost are easily top ten, arguably top five under 25 defensemen?

They also have Morin who likely would
be on the roster if they didn’t have the MacDonald contract and Sanheim who doesn’t get played because of their coach. Not to mention Myers is a blue chip.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I mean, Provorov and Ghost are easily top ten, arguably top five under 25 defensemen?

They also have Morin who likely would
be on the roster if they didn’t have the MacDonald contract and Sanheim who doesn’t get played because of their coach. Not to mention Myers is a blue chip.

Let's see what those others guys are once they are full time dman. I agree Prov and Ghost are very good for their age. I like where their D is going, but the age of their forward core and Dcore is misaligned. Their D is ready to be great when their forwards hit the back 9 of their careers.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
How Many Days Until Hockey?

62 Days to go..

Was exciting getting a text on the single game tix going up!!

Now, will GMJR make a move in August I wonder? I feel like we have some pretty good depth all the way around heading into Oct. My God I miss hockey sooo much...

I don't think so. I think the teams that *have* to sell (Montreal, Ottawa, Carolina) will now try and hold their nerve to the trade deadline. Maybe one of them gets lucky and another team blinks and pays their price and there's an early season move aka Duchene but Rutherford won't be the one blinking. He'll probably try to hijack the trade, but won't pay as high as the blinker.

Reactions: AverageJoeFan

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Let's see what those others guys are once they are full time dman. I agree Prov and Ghost are very good for their age. I like where their D is going, but the age of their forward core and Dcore is misaligned. Their D is ready to be great when their forwards hit the back 9 of their careers.

They have the trinity if Hart pans out.

#1 C - Couts
#1 D - Provo
#1 G - Hart

I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a rough start to the year and fire Haks and become a playoff team.

I wouuldn’t be surprised if they win the division.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they miss the playoffs.

But their D-core is what Shero actually thought of our prospects.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
They have the trinity if Hart pans out.

#1 C - Couts
#1 D - Provo
#1 G - Hart

I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a rough start to the year and fire Haks and become a playoff team.

I wouuldn’t be surprised if they win the division.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they miss the playoffs.

But their D-core is what Shero actually thought of our prospects.

Couts is not a number 1 center. If he is, it's fairly low end.

I like their young D core but I like Carolina's better. Actually, I like Columbus better too.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Flyers re-signed Robert Haag, a fringe NHL defensemen. Time to hear about how good their defense could be in a few years.

If he was a RD, he'd be pretty much the perfect #6. In fact if he was an RD, I'd absolutely love to have him as our #6D.

As for him being a "fringe NHLer", he's 23.5 yrs old and played a grande total of 71 NHL games over the past year. Give him a few years to grow into the NHL, and then judge him.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Couts is not a number 1 center. If he is, it's fairly low end.

I like their young D core but I like Carolina's better. Actually, I like Columbus better too.

20th in ppg for centres and 2nd in Selke voting - I think if he repeats roughly in that area, it'd be fair to call him a fairly average number 1 centre - although there's got to be a tad of suspicion that his team mates are carrying him along.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
20th in ppg for centres and 2nd in Selke voting - I think if he repeats roughly in that area, it'd be fair to call him a fairly average number 1 centre - although there's got to be a tad of suspicion that his team mates are carrying him along.

But does he have intangibles?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Couturier also played with Giroux and Voracek. One wonders if Jordan Staal at 25 would have had a huge 70 point season playing with those kind of wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->