Salary Cap: Salary Cap Officially $79.5M (Habs with $18.61M of Cap Space)

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Think about how much money we'd actually have if we didnt over pay some of our garbage, that being said most teams have that problem

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He said it's something he's open to doing.

Interesting comments over the last day ish from TT and MB..

- we have 10 picks but that will change

- weather I am here or not, I’m going to look at what is best for the Habs now and the future. That’s not going to change

- getting lots of calls for many of our players

- willing to take on a bad contract to acquire assets

- not going to spend the cap space just cause we have it

- position and projected value in the future holds a lot of value

I like what I am hearing but talk is cheap. Very curious too see how the next week and a bit unfolds. Focus on youth movement please!

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
You need to look at how many players they have under contract.

For example.

Montreal has 21 players signed and cap of over $18 mil.

Calgary has 15 players under contract but has $16 mil.

This means Calgary will need to sign 8 more players with $16 mil. Whereas Montreal needs to sign 2 more players with cap of $18 mil.

So 2 players at $9 mil per player or 8 players at $2 mil per player.

Could all those 8 players play on the 3rd and 4th line? Good! Let's sign all of them!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Johnson 6 million. Lol
The next alzner
Btw we need 5 million for Danault.

Danault is not worth 5 million. He's a RFA and never broke the 40 point mark. Was on pace for 40 (39.42) again this year.

Probably gets a bit more than Eller, so 4-4.2M for 5-6 years or 3.5-3.8 on a 2-3 years deal.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Exactly. Rangers decided to send Brendan Smith to the minors last season because they were paying him about the same as Habs do Alzner, only they had the balls to send him to the minors.
They did it because their GM's reputation wasn't tied to Smith's contract. By contrast, Alzner was Bergevin's big off-season pick-up. The only other notable off-season moves were players he lost like Radulov and Markov. Sending Alzner to the minors would be Bergevin admitting that he's an idiot.

Reactions: Pacciosoftie

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Danault is not worth 5 million. He's a RFA and never broke the 40 point mark. Was on pace for 40 (39.42) again this year.

Probably gets a bit more than Eller, so 4-4.2M for 5-6 years or 3.5-3.8 on a 2-3 years deal.
It was sarcasm. I wouldn’t t Give him more than 3

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center

Why does Danault deserve more than Eller? He is half the player in my opinion, he has done nothing compared to Eller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad