Value of: Salary cap dumps

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Hello all

Wondering if we can get a running list people can refer back to of expiring contracts/salary cap dumps. Doesn't necessarily mean they have no value, maybe you want to move an underperforming guy or just to make more cap room.

I.e. Jay Bouwmeester. Stl is within 500k of the cap and he costs 5.4m. Looks like fans are seeing him as more a healthy scratch than a bottom pairing D guy now.

I think there are a good amount of guys like him across the league, but might be interesting if each teams board submitted their own list.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
PHI has space, but cap dumps:

1) Andrew MacDonald—> 2yr. 5mil
- Bottom pair Dman that’s just not good

2) Jori Lehtera—> 1yr. 4.7mil
- Better this year, but very slow and should handle maybe 8min a night and some PK time

3) Dale Weise—> 2yr. 2.35mil
- Much better this year. Still very very slow. Has the most value of the bunch. A team looking for a gritty 4th line forchecker would be interested.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Thereare threedifferent types...

1. Team needs cap space because ELC orbridges expiring.

2. Bad long term contract.. see Lucic

3. Player isnt bad but over paid for the contract given. If contract was retained by trading team hed be a good pick up. There are many playrrwhoarent worth the5+ they aregetting, but retaining 30-50% makes them fair price for what they do.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Wings availability, (not necessarily all cap dumps):

Nyquist 4.75 (UFA)
Howard 5.291 (UFA)
Vanek 3 (UFA)
Kronwall 4.75 (UFA)...likely retiring
Frk 1,050,000 (RFA)
Jensen 812K (UFA)
Witkowski 750K (UFA)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Green 5.375 (UFA '20)
Daley 3.166 (UFA '20)
Ericsson 4.25 (UFA '20)

Glendening 1.8 (UFA '21)
Helm 3.85 (UFA '21)
Nielsen 5.25 (UFA '22)
Abdelkader 4.25 (UFA '22) <<<------Prime cap dump/buyout candidate, serviceable but overpaid & overtermed

Detroit Red Wings - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Jets Kulikov would be the only one wouldn’t mind dumping. Last year he was a solid #5D who played up in the top 4 occasionally and was ok......but part way through last year he injured his back again got surgery and hasn’t been the same since then.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Zach Parise: May be worth his contract this year, next year, and he’ll maybd the year after, but the 4 years after that will be tough. Suter is a stud and will be a great top 4 D until he hangs them up.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Zach Parise: May be worth his contract this year, next year, and he’ll maybd the year after, but the 4 years after that will be tough. Suter is a stud and will be a great top 4 D until he hangs them up.

Those two contracts are fairly unmovable in my opinion. Sutter maybe not so much as Parise. But the term on those are pretttty long and up into the latter years of their career at this point. Not to mention the injuries that Parise tends to get.

As for OP. I’d be willing to bet Someone would take a flyer on Bouwmeester for a 4th or so. If he hadn’t been so damn bad this year I’d imagine his name would carry a 2nd or so but at this point it’s a shot in the dark with him. STL shouldn’t move him though if they need to pay to do so as at this rate it doesn’t seem like Yeo will be fired and I don’t see Allen being any better especially with how terrible our defense has been as a whole save a few players.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Horton (Doesn't matter too much)
Marleau (next year $6.25M cap hit, $1.25M salary after July 1st)
Zaitsev ($4.5M x 6 for a guy that hasn't been good for the last year or so)

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Michael Stone isn’t a cap dump, but the Flames don’t need much of his service anymore.

Hert So Good

Nov 7, 2018
PHI has space, but cap dumps:

1) Andrew MacDonald—> 2yr. 5mil
- Bottom pair Dman that’s just not good

2) Jori Lehtera—> 1yr. 4.7mil
- Better this year, but very slow and should handle maybe 8min a night and some PK time

3) Dale Weise—> 2yr. 2.35mil
- Much better this year. Still very very slow. Has the most value of the bunch. A team looking for a gritty 4th line forchecker would be interested.

Gritty is worth way more than Dale Weise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->