Salary calculations

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
No timetable has been set, but each GM will be given reasonable time to respond. ASAP is vague, but that is really when we need to hear their decision in order to get the rosters back in order. If a couple days go by without responses, emails will be sent to each GM with a deadline.

Fair enough, sounds good Sean.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Just a quick question actually. Is there a date and time that has been set as the deadline for this decision? ASAP is kind of vague and I think may set up further problems because it's not really decisive enough. Maybe like Wednesday by 12 midnight or something? Or did you guys already give those GM's a timetable to reply by.

And to further add to a reason for a prompt response is that there will be further simming until those teams have chosen an option - so that players who need to be returned to their original team can be.

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland
Is San Jose really even over the cap? If those calculations by Adil are correct, then Pasi has been wrongly accused. He's about 327k under the cap at the moment.

that is true!

I think I am under cap and can keep my waiver claims

SJS 42,566,250 44,253,750 39615625 44,853,125 42,145,208 43,891,042
Total 1 is the salary with the three checkpoints, total 2 is the salary with the first 2 checkpoints and current roster as of March 16.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
One suggestion I have is that I would have any player that a team decides against keeping (eg. if Colorado lets Holik go), I think the player should go through the waiver process anew and a new priority list should be generated.

The conditions for deciding whether a team wants Holik may be different now than it was a couple weeks ago. It also saves having to determine what the order of selection was at the time as well.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
One suggestion I have is that I would have any player that a team decides against keeping (eg. if Colorado lets Holik go), I think the player should go through the waiver process anew and a new priority list should be generated.

The conditions for deciding whether a team wants Holik may be different now than it was a couple weeks ago. It also saves having to determine what the order of selection was at the time as well.

If nobody claims that they had a waiver claim on the players, then the players should go back to the original team. If Tampa or whoever wants to put the player back on waivers, they are free to do so, I don't see why they should be forced to waive their players again.

Then again, as Martin has stated that he doesn't want Holik back, I guess he's more than happy to put him up on waivers again.

Last edited:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
As you can see the guilty parties have made amends and the players have been returned to their original teams and waived. Please place waiver claims via email or in a txt file in your Yahoo group.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Carolina chose OPTION 2 - and the players that took them over the cap have been returned to their respective teams.

Those players are: Jason Allison (ATL) (who never dressed for the 'Canes), Dick Tarnstrom (BUF) and Eric Lindros (SJS).

At this point I believe that puts Carolina back under the cap.

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland
what is my status?

I thought I was ok, but dont know anymore. ... Suddenly I have Lindros again :(

so am I over cap again? and should I therefore send matvichuk and Gauthier back?

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
As you can see the guilty parties have made amends and the players have been returned to their original teams and waived. Please place waiver claims via email or in a txt file in your Yahoo group.

I would have prefered if Holik wasnt put back on my roster. I have no need for him and I thought I had got rid of him. Now I will have to have his salary counted towards the salary cap for next season :( Is there no way Holik could be released and be a free agent until someone claims him? I really thought he was gone.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I would have prefered if Holik wasnt put back on my roster. I have no need for him and I thought I had got rid of him. Now I will have to have his salary counted towards the salary cap for next season :( Is there no way Holik could be released and be a free agent until someone claims him? I really thought he was gone.

You can pass him through waivers again at some point and hope he is picked up, or you can buy out his contract this offseason.

Such are the realities of committing to longer term contracts for older players. THey are typically ok value and a smart move for the first two years, but that few years they can be painful - don't worry, you're not alone.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
I didnt sign Holik, someone else gave him all these millions. I got him in a trade, not sure for what though. If I cant find another third line center I might be forced to use him next season :( Buy-out cost 100% of one year salary right?

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
I didnt sign Holik, someone else gave him all these millions. I got him in a trade, not sure for what though. If I cant find another third line center I might be forced to use him next season :( Buy-out cost 100% of one year salary right?

Yeah, 100% of 1 years salary.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Just a quick question before the deadline. Can you claim a player from waivers after the trade deadline? In the NHL you can but I am not sure if that player is allowed to play in the regular season/playoff. Can someone please clarify this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->