Recalled/Assigned: Saku Mäenalanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Man-alan-en; say man like you're aggravated at the man, and you're close enough.

Always stress the first syllable with the Finns. TERavainen, not teraVAINen.
This makes me visualize Alan Richman like spilling a pitcher or something and like Owen Wilson or somebody is like "Mannnn, Alan!" And of course Alan Rickman is completely over it

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
At least his name isn't Michael Bolton.
WebbedBasicChihuahua-small.gif

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Is Saku a very common name in Finland? Does it equate to the frequency of the names John or Jeff in America. I feel like i encounter at least one person on a daily basis with either of those names.
The popularity is held back I guess because of a still-happening 1950's children's song about Saku the Frog's wooing trip. He's going to propose Helvig the Mouse, but is too late as Helvig is already being married off to Matthew the Mole. Saku protests as Matthew has mouldy toes. In the end the feeble nature of womanhood sees both of the prospective wooers blown off, as Helvig marries Hank the Bush-cricket in the end, the swanky bastard with a violin.

You do not want any of this for your child.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
That's Finnish music in the nutshell btw. The original is a country song but for our markets you still need to amp up the misery a couple of notches.

She didn't take the froggie nor the flea,
Miss Mousie ditched off with the bumblebee, uh huh

(For further info, suggested listening: Amorphis: Better Unborn; My Kantele)

Dec 30, 2013
That's Finnish music in the nutshell btw. The original is a country song but for our markets you still need to amp up the misery a couple of notches.

She didn't take the froggie nor the flea,
Miss Mousie ditched off with the bumblebee, uh huh

(For further info, suggested listening: Amorphis: Better Unborn; My Kantele)

Nightwish is my favorite band. Finns definitely make some good music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad