Recalled/Assigned: Saku Mäenalanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Only now I realize "Mä en ala" is pretty much the Finnish equivalent of 'I can't even'.

Obviously the first meaning of his name is Underhill.

Hx92.gif

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Over/under on minutes played?

I'm going to guess less than 4 minutes.

Pluses for Maenalanen: Had several seasons in the Liiga, has played with both TT and Aho, is a big guy, and can PK well from what I've heard/read. He may be useful in a shutdown role, similar to Jordan. I don't think he's a stranger to TOI either.

That being said, Rod may use him on a 4th line, and PK so I bet he sees 10 minutes or less.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
This is totally wrong pronounciation. Finnish is pronounced just like the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA).

Eliteprospects has it right in the button after the player's name, but nowadays you need to sign in (free) to get it.

Which one, the second? I'd be a little surprised otherwise considering the first and third times you hear the name it's Mäenalanen himself saying it.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Which one, the second? I'd be a little surprised otherwise considering the first and third times you hear the name it's Mäenalanen himself saying it.
All of them. The Finnboys can't speak Finnish right after and in middle of speaking English, because the pronounciation ethos it totes different. Patrik Laine butchered his own name too when asked to pronounce it.

He's saying he's Seiku Manala first, and the third isn't much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad