Mar 10, 2013
Sakic is better than Yzerman
Forsberg is much better than Fedorov

This isn't really close.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Would even out more if you added Lidstrom
and Blake or Bourque to the poll. Sakic and Foppa are easily better than the Wings duo. Adding the best defenseman most of us have ever seen play the game probably sways this the other way.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Would even out more if you added Lidstrom
and Blake or Bourque to the poll. Sakic and Foppa are easily better than the Wings duo. Adding the best defenseman most of us have ever seen play the game probably sways this the other way.

Bourque > Lidstrom so it makes no difference.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Avs Bourque versus Wings Lidstrom wouldn’t be close. In their primes would still be Lidstrom, but much closer. But that’s getting off topic. Went Sakic/Forsberg here.

Leonhard Euler

Mar 5, 2018
No he wouldn't be in minority. He'd be a part of the vast majority actually.
Well looking at full careers I guess it'd be close. I still think plenty me included wout take Lindstrom, but plenty would go the other way. Based on the nature if the poll I assumed we're talking Avs version of Bourque

Reactions: djboos22

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Well looking at full careers I guess it'd be close. I still think plenty me included wout take Lindstrom, but plenty would go the other way. Based on the nature if the poll I assumed we're talking Avs version of Bourque
Looking at their full careers the answer is obvious and it's not Lidas, as for the nature of the poll it mentions the prime of the players in question.

Leonhard Euler

Mar 5, 2018
Looking at their full careers the answer is obvious and it's not Lidas, as for the nature of the poll it mentions the prime of the players in question.
Fair enough for the poll, guess I was looking at the teams included and didn't account for primes with those 2 Ds if added.
Oh well guess I was projecting here. I think Lindstrom is second greatest D all time. But serves me right, Bourque would be taken by most in that comparison I suppose.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Fair enough for the poll, guess I was looking at the teams included and didn't account for primes with those 2 Ds if added.
Oh well guess I was projecting here. I think Lindstrom is second greatest D all time. But serves me right, Bourque would be taken by most in that comparison I suppose.
For me it's Orr, Harvey, Ray, Lidas.

Reactions: insomniac

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
You really can't go wrong picking any of these players. You have three Hart winners and a NHLPA voted league MVP.

I prefer Sakic/Forsberg, but can see why someone might pick the opposite

Yuri35

Mar 11, 2018
Foppa for me is better than all the players mentionned there and big joe is around the same level as Steve and Sergei so I go with the first group.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
If I get Yzerman in his prime and Fedorov is his prime I’ll take them easily, if it’s got to be when they played together I’ll take Sakic/Forsberg.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Then learn to spell his name correctly. It is Lidstrom. Not Lindstrom.

Jim MacDonald

Oct 7, 2017
After I casted my vote for Yzerman/Fedorov I was a bit stunned to see the votes casted so far have it with Super Joe and Foppa by such a wide margin....I thought it would be a bit closer!

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
I'm pretty sure you'd be in the minority thinking that.
Not at all, you are in the minority thinking that Lidstrom was better. Bourque is the second greatest defenseman of all time right behind the great Bobby Orr. Lidstrom will always be behind Bourque in the ranking of the greatest defensemen of all time.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
After I casted my vote for Yzerman/Fedorov I was a bit stunned to see the votes casted so far have it with Super Joe and Foppa by such a wide margin....I thought it would be a bit closer!
The weak link here is Fedorov, Sakic and Yzerman offset each other but Forsberg>Fedorov.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Best peak offensive season - Yzerman

Best all around season - Sakic/Federov/Forsberg

Best prime - Sakic/Yzerman

Best playoffs - Sakic

Best playoff performer - Sakic/Forsberg

Best career - Sakic/Yzerman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad