Signing(s): Saints RT Ryan Ramczyk new contract 5yr $90m $60m gtd

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
New Orleans has to decide what to do with Lattimore. Right now he's playing out his fifth year option. They do not have good boundary corners beyond him as I see it. I expect New Orleans to take something of a step back this season even if they will still be good in the immediate post-Brees era. Their biggest problem is that at some point, Cam Jordan and Demario Davis will get old. Hard to say if that's this season or next season or the season after but it's not far away.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
New Orleans has to decide what to do with Lattimore. Right now he's playing out his fifth year option. They do not have good boundary corners beyond him as I see it. I expect New Orleans to take something of a step back this season even if they will still be good in the immediate post-Brees era. Their biggest problem is that at some point, Cam Jordan and Demario Davis will get old. Hard to say if that's this season or next season or the season after but it's not far away.
Most of Lattimore’s salary was converted to a signing bonus.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was contemplating a possible extension. He’s a very good but inconsistent boundary corner.
A lot of sites peg him as one of the top 10 corners but that doesn’t mean a ton if the Saints end up in a rebuild. In the time he’s been here apart from his rookie year, he and the defense usually start poorly and come on during the season. My bet is they keep him though and then trade him in a year or two if they have to. A lot of things can obviously change quickly, but I just don’t see what their options are otherwise at corner, that’s a spot they have not drafted well, like, ever.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
A lot of sites peg him as one of the top 10 corners but that doesn’t mean a ton if the Saints end up in a rebuild. In the time he’s been here apart from his rookie year, he and the defense usually start poorly and come on during the season. My bet is they keep him though and then trade him in a year or two if they have to. A lot of things can obviously change quickly, but I just don’t see what their options are otherwise at corner, that’s a spot they have not drafted well, like, ever.

Ive watched almost every Saints game for his entire career and he’s a top corner when he has a motivating matchup. He’s great against big physical guys. He’s less great against smaller fast and shifty guys. He’s also very good in run support. If they lose him they have to start all over at boundary corner.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ive watched almost every Saints game for his entire career and he’s a top corner when he has a motivating matchup. He’s great against big physical guys. He’s less great against smaller fast and shifty guys. He’s also very good in run support. If they lose him they have to start all over at boundary corner.
They’ll get him signed, they don’t let people leave that they both want and can’t afford to lose.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->