Saints Row

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I was planning on getting it but was scared off by the reviews, how bad are the bugs? Maybe I'll grab it on sale
The real game breaking bugs have been fixed. I couldn't get past the Boss Character creation screen as it froze on me until the first patch fixed it.

It's got some rendering bugs but that will get fixed in the first few patches.

Other than that, I love it. 9/10

It's not 10/10 due to the rendering.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's absolutely not a 9/10 lmao what.

I played the full game and it's a 6 at best. 27 hours total with just over half of everything done

- god awful writing/characters. The story is just a bunch of missions thrown together with no rhyme or reason. The older games werent masterclasses in writing but at least they made sense. All of the characters are unlikable sans the Nahualli and they completely f***ing ruin him at the end. It's not even "woke" like people are trying to claim, it's just shitty writing.

- padding the length of the game out with the criminal empire stuff lodged into the story. Bunch of busy work to hide the fact the story was very short and most of it was just a variation of "drive x here" unlike the older games.

- absolutely awful gunplay which makes zero sense since the older games were more than okay on that regard

- turning enemies into bullet sponges instead of it letting be a gangster power fantasy like the first four games were.

- godawful soundtrack with a grand total of 3 artists I recognize

I eagerly await being told I didn't actually play the game or whatever nonsense some of people this forum will cook up just to be a contrarian.

I was planning on getting it but was scared off by the reviews, how bad are the bugs? Maybe I'll grab it on sale
Wait until it's like 20 bucks. This game isn't worth full price. Not by a long shot.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
It's absolutely not a 9/10 lmao what.

I played the full game and it's a 6 at best. 27 hours total with just over half of everything done

- god awful writing/characters. The story is just a bunch of missions thrown together with no rhyme or reason. The older games werent masterclasses in writing but at least they made sense. All of the characters are unlikable sans the Nahualli and they completely f***ing ruin him at the end. It's not even "woke" like people are trying to claim, it's just shitty writing.

- padding the length of the game out with the criminal empire stuff lodged into the story. Bunch of busy work to hide the fact the story was very short and most of it was just a variation of "drive x here" unlike the older games.

- absolutely awful gunplay which makes zero sense since the older games were more than okay on that regard

- turning enemies into bullet sponges instead of it letting be a gangster power fantasy like the first four games were.

- godawful soundtrack with a grand total of 3 artists I recognize

I eagerly await being told I didn't actually play the game or whatever nonsense some of people this forum will cook up just to be a contrarian.

Wait until it's like 20 bucks. This game isn't worth full price. Not by a long shot.
LOL you're expecting it to be equal to reality? LMAO you need to switch to call of duty or something.

If a game takes you away from reality for a while it's done it's job. Period.

The writing, like the rest of the missions are goofy and fun. The cosplay section had me laughing. The Toxic Waste stuff was hilarious.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I’ve played way too much GTA over my life to be able to enjoy Saints Row. It always has felt like a cheap ripoff anytime I gave it a try.

Id rather replay GTA lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad