Saint John Sea Dogs: 2016-2017 Thread

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Flint Firebirds fan here interested in knowing how Sam Duchesne is looking at your training camp...if anyone here has attended any camp sessions, I'd love your input.

MaybeNextYear

Nov 12, 2011
Canada
Qmjhl..... ?

Hello all, recently moved to New Brunswick from Ontario (a lifelong Spitfire fan, please don't hold that against me..) about 1/2 way between Seadogs and Wildcats, looking for any information League, Teams, attending games, etc.

Thanks..

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
Qmjhl..... ?

Hello all, recently moved to New Brunswick from Ontario (a lifelong Spitfire fan, please don't hold that against me..) about 1/2 way between Seadogs and Wildcats, looking for any information League, Teams, attending games, etc.

Thanks..

I used to live in Fredericton and went to Harbour Station frequently to watch the Sea Dogs. It's a good atmosphere there; they can really get it rocking, especially during playoff games. However, they're heading into their down swing now having won it all last year with a bunch of twenty year olds. Expecting a bit of a Xmas time sell off from them to be honest. They do have Joe Veleno though, he was granted exceptional status so he could enter the Q at 15, and this is his draft year. He's expected to go high and is definitely worth seeing.

Moncton are on the up, with a new rink coming, a high draft pick, and recently acquired sniper Anderson MacDonald who is expected to be a top 15 pick in this years NHL draft. Depends what you're looking for from your team/experience as both teams offer something different and exciting.

The Qs a lot of fun, as long as you don't mind God awful reffing!! haha

sharknado

Aug 22, 2014
How come all the trades in November are listed and the kids in question are playing?

Does this mean Veleno can only play as of boxing day?

Joe Lamb

Mar 12, 2004
downeast
How come all the trades in November are listed and the kids in question are playing?

Does this mean Veleno can only play as of boxing day?

The trade will be made official soon (Dec. 20th ????) and Veleno will play after that. He has sat the last 2 games and will until the trade is announced.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Are you guys sure the trade is legit?

The Q site has a trade listed as of today but Veleno's trade is not up.

QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.

Even Drummondville makes no mention of the trade

Drummondville, Voltigeurs

No trade can be announced on the Q site until the trading period opens up, unless it’s between players not in the league.

The Veleno deal is done, it’s just a matter of waiting until the trading period to announce it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->