Saginaw Spirit 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Congrats to Ilya Solovyov on being drafted by the Flames yesterday!

Also Spirit prospect Kienan Draper (son of Kris) got drafted by the Wings. Currently committed to Miami OH for 21-22.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Can we pencil any of these guys into our lineup? Still dont see how we have a full team yet.....

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Pencil in who? Players that have committed to NCAA programs? Right about now, no prospective player in that criteria is going to sign an OHL contract with the uncertainty of a dubious upcoming OHL season. They will sit back and wait it out.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Can we pencil any of these guys into our lineup? Still dont see how we have a full team yet.....

Perfetti
Suzuki
Grewe
Bloom
Codd
Beck
Antropov
Katic
Baber
Klein
Duhart

Millman
King
Smith
Mancini
Scheulting
Mintyukov

Lennox
Oke

Just need a couple warm bodies to fill out the 4th line and be an extra defenseman.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Did you notice during a lot of Perfetti’s interviews that he enjoyed playing Centre more than LW? Maybe I didn’t watch close enough but did he not play LW almost 80% to 90% of the time??

Do we breakup the Perfetti Suzuki combo and have them as our 1 and 2 Centremen?? There is an easy keep them together stance but also the idea of spreading the wealth and making us harder to play against if we have them on two different lines.

What is your preference ? What would you do if you were Laz?

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Has anyone heard anything about our Imports? Is there risk that they will not come over now that the season has been reduced and there is a threat of playing without hitting (highly unlikely) ??

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Has anyone heard anything about our Imports? Is there risk that they will not come over now that the season has been reduced and there is a threat of playing without hitting (highly unlikely) ??

Grewe is playing in the SHL on loan from Saginaw and is playing with the Swedish U20 team.

Havent heard anything about the other. Both are still on track for coming to Saginaw as soon as possible when the season starts

Reactions: Saggy

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Flyers sign Millman.

Congrats to Mason. Going from 7th round OHL pick to being an anchor for us. Could see him carving out a spot as a reliable bottom pair guy at the pro level.

Reactions: Finster8

Smu fan

Jan 4, 2020
Yeah Baker is an interesting one. At the draft Drinkill said that he had been to a few games and was excited for camp and trying to make the team. My guess (and its just a guess) is that with the influx of forwards/uncertainty due to covid this year and his size, both Baker and Drinkill knew he wasnt going to make the team and the commitment to MSU is a placeholder to see how camp goes for next season.
Due to covid DD hasn’t been able to offer his
Saginaw Parent Package to any top Saginaw prospects.

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
I wonder if the CHL will waive the rule about NHL signed players going to the AHL since they’ll be no junior hockey. Right now it’s either the NHL or CHL for players 19 years old and under except for a few that fall under different rules like Bode Wilde.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Good start for Team Canada with a 1-0 win over a strong Russián team. Perfetti set up the winning goal with a nice pass to Drysdale. With the injury to Dach leaves room for Perfetti to take his spot on the 1st PP. Their seemed to be some chemistry with McMichael.
Suzuki had a strong game and will get more of a chance with Dach out.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Perfetti 1G+4A, Suzuki 2G+1A in 3 games. Both contributing and starting to get their legs back and getting acclimated back to high-end competition. They play a different style of game from one another but both are gearing up for the elite teams when it actually matters. Love to see WJC, I think it is helping all of us crazy fans get our Junior hockey fix. Go Canada!!!

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Ant news on the season? I just listened to Lazary being interviewed and came away with a feeling we might actually see one afterall

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
It was pretty good show with Lazary being interviewed for over an hour.

Episode #142....well worth the listen if you want to hear how a Head Coach thinks......plus its Covid, I've got time on my hands.

The Hockey Think Tank Podcast

Enjoy

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Ant news on the season? I just listened to Lazary being interviewed and came away with a feeling we might actually see one afterall

Don't know if an American city would be one of the hubs. That would limit who you play to just two teams. Probably would be easier to just have the 3 american teams head to Canada for the season. Imports are coming back into the country so I can't imagine Saginaw, Flint, and Erie wouldn't be allowed to enter to be in bubbles. On top of that, the vast majority of these teams are already in Canada so you're talking about letting in a handful of Americans/Euros. Maybe see us in one with us, Windsor, Sarnia, Flint, and London. Six games against each.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Not so sure.....seems to be easier to get into USA then Canada. Also, if they created a bubble of some sort in Michigan then they could use both Saginaw and Flint as rinks. Moreover, it solves the problem of SSM with the crazy travel schedule.

Another option would have our Division move to SSM as they have just put dollars into the rink and have few Covid cases. It could even be SSM, Saginaw, Flint, Sudbury and North Bay ...kind of a North/US Division.

Either way, I'm just happy to see that we MAY have some hockey in the not too distant future. Now the question of what the Team actually looks like will come into view with questions on Imports, Overagers as well as kids currently playing in the AHL.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Heard import Pavel Mintyukov has been in town for the last two weeks......is this a sign? Anyone in Saginaw heard any rumors?

Smu fan

Jan 4, 2020
Heard import Pavel Mintyukov has been in town for the last two weeks......is this a sign? Anyone in Saginaw heard any rumors?
DD just working out payments. Who? When? How much? 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom apartment? Ownership must approve first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->