Saginaw Spirit 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Anyone hear when they are doing training camps? I guess they might have to have 2 if they want to see both the prospects in Canada and the USA. Pretty hard when you can't get them all on the ice together. Good luck to Drinkall

With so many unknowns DD is at the mercy of the government (borders), if closed then it's a matter of getting permission to get the 3 American Franchises into Canada and finding suitable rinks for them to play.
In our case Duhart, Codd, Smith, King, Mintyukov, Grewe and Beck are hopefully in Canada already. If not then we have up to 7 starters to get across if their is a rink in Canada ready. Which is the only way the OHL will be able to have all 20 teams this year. IMO hope that it all works out for the league but their are plenty of hurdles to get over to make it work and the clock is ticking.

Last edited:

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Did anyone else watch the Day in the Life profile of Katic ? Looks like he is training hard and has every intention of being back as one of our OAs.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Did anyone else watch the Day in the Life profile of Katic ? Looks like he is training hard and has every intention of being back as one of our OAs.

I think he'd be a quality option. One of the few big tough guys we have to keep other teams honest. Could certainly be a good 40 pt depth player.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Not sure we really have anyone that fits the “tough guy” bill? Katic is big and strong , solid checker but hasn’t dropped his gloves yet.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Not sure we really have anyone that fits the “tough guy” bill? Katic is big and strong , solid checker but hasn’t dropped his gloves yet.

I'm sure not many guys want to tangle DJ King. As far as Katic he has to use his size to his advantage and maybe he tries to make a difference in getting more aggressive in the fighting department. Up to this point Katic has not shown that he is that guy. It's something if he is good at it can help the club only when needed.

On another note, Saginaw was rated 7th in the CHL in the preseason KIA rankings. If a season comes to fruition. Still a huge amount of obstacles to all be in place for this season.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
I'm sure not many guys want to tangle DJ King. As far as Katic he has to use his size to his advantage and maybe he tries to make a difference in getting more aggressive in the fighting department. Up to this point Katic has not shown that he is that guy. It's something if he is good at it can help the club only when needed.

On another note, Saginaw was rated 7th in the CHL in the preseason KIA rankings. If a season comes to fruition. Still a huge amount of obstacles to all be in place for this season.

Might not have to worry about. Apparently the Ontario Sports Minister said that the league would have to look at eliminating fighting and body checking to play with the current restrictions.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Any ideas where you see Perfetti being drafted?

I'm thinking 4-9 range and can see Detroit taking him at 4.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Any ideas where you see Perfetti being drafted?

I'm thinking 4-9 range and can see Detroit taking him at 4.

I would love to see him at 4. I got a blank Wings jersey ready to go lol. I think Detroit, Ottawa at 5, Anaheim, NJ, and Buffalo are the most likely destinations

Reactions: Finster8

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I’ve seen Draper at many Spirit games . With the Yzerman and Point story line from Tampa Bay, I could see him taking Perfetti at 4 or trading down with a team and taking him lower. I think we will see Cole wearing Wings gear pretty soon.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I’ve seen Draper at many Spirit games . With the Yzerman and Point story line from Tampa Bay, I could see him taking Perfetti at 4 or trading down with a team and taking him lower. I think we will see Cole wearing Wings gear pretty soon.
Maybe. I think Drysdale would be a better pick.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Maybe. I think Drysdale would be a better pick.

I am super high on Jamie, but Drysdale would be a terrible pick for the Wings. Detroit already have thier top 4 RHD of the future in Seider and Hronek. If they go D they need to take Sanderson (who I'm not high on but at least plays a position of need LHD) or some scoring or in net.

Not saying Perfetti is the best option, but with so many other holes in the lineup Raymond, Rossi, or even Askarov would make more sense.

Reactions: dirty12

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Pass on both D prospects. Go for the skill @ forward. The wings have prospects depth on D and need more upfront. Askarov would be nice but not @ 4 with the talent of the forwards available. Maybe if the Wings could jump up into mid to late fist and get Askarov.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Wings have spent the last few drafts using high picks on D.....think they go skilled forward. I would not be shocked to see them trade down to 7th to 10th spot as there are many forwards available. That way they may pick up a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, whatever.....they need as many picks as possible for their rebuild

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Here are how they are set up:
8 picks in the first 2 rounds this year and next.
12 picks in the first 3 rds this year and next.

I doubt they trade back. Need the first class talent. If they didn't have the holes at forward I would say try and drop back. I say go with Perfetti/Stutlze or Rossi. And maybe get some more picks from taking on some bad salary contracts.

Reactions: Saggy

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

Congrats to Cole. Seems like a good fit from a organizational/style stand point. Think some GM's tried to be a little too clever last night and the Jets get rewarded with a guy they didn't think would be at their pick.

Good luck to Ilya and Mitchell today. And as Jenkins, Coskey, and Busdeker will tell you, it's not a be all end all after today. Keep putting that work in no matter what.

Reactions: Rinkrat2019
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad