Saginaw Spirit 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Nonsense Fox, that may hold true for you and I ( I don"t remember midseason form any more ) but Wilde is 1 month out from his first real test. As far as I'm concerned, he's lacking. As Kingpin has stated earlier, the leap to the AHL is huge, and as of now this kid isn't ready. If he comes back and plays here...great for us, but he really needs improvement, both on the ice and in he ego driven head.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Nonsense Fox, that may hold true for you and I ( I don"t remember midseason form any more ) but Wilde is 1 month out from his first real test. As far as I'm concerned, he's lacking. As Kingpin has stated earlier, the leap to the AHL is huge, and as of now this kid isn't ready. If he comes back and plays here...great for us, but he really needs improvement, both on the ice and in he ego driven head.

Bottom line, it is where the NYI think what is best for Bode? We can speculate but I personally would like to see him back. Just see him in Bridgeport but I have been wrong countless amount of times.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Perfetti scores 2 and Lennox with a SO in a 6-0 win over Finland. Byfield is such a force out there with size and speed fun to watch. Nice start for the Spirit boys.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
So two questions.....

1. Does Perfetti stay at LW or move to C this year?
2. Depending on the answer above, who are his linemates?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
So two questions.....

Best scenario,
Perfetti-Turcotte-Coskey that is scary, they would develop together and potentially the best line in the O. Worst case Jenkins or Giroux or Gilmour could step in and light it up? Nice problem to have.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Great if you were correct but by all accounts Turcotte wearing the Red and White of Wisconsin

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
So two questions.....

1. Think he's a LW going forward and into the NHL.

2. If you want to do the most damage, put him with Jenkins and Coskey.

Anyone remember who he was with before the deadline?

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
As an outsider, hoping Prosvetov moves onto the AHL so Lennox can be handed the reigns. Would love to see what he can do as a starter this season.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
So who can we put him with? Imagine if lighting strikes twice with one of our 2003s? Drinkill will look like a super star

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
King gives us size, grit, and experience that will help Smith 02, Lemieux 02, Punnett 03. With Webb OA, Millman 01, Solovyov 00 and King 00 gives a good range of vets to rookies. If Wilde is back, bonus don't hold your breath NYI control his destiny.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
King gives us size, grit, and experience that will help Smith 02, Lemieux 02, Punnett 03. With Webb OA, Millman 01, Solovyov 00 and King 00 gives a good range of vets to rookies. If Wilde is back, bonus don't hold your breath NYI control his destiny.

King is a great addition, he will add toughness for sure, as long it's under control.

I think Bode will attend camp but will end up playing pro, along with Coskey.

The big question is Prostevov, where will he be? Lennox won't be playing backup this year, therefore Prostevov will be traded or maybe he has a shot in minors with Arizona.

I like our team again this year, lots of young talent. Just need to figure out OA's and we are ready to roll.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Pretty sure it starts the 26th. Thought I seen that at the end of the DJ King trade article. The 29th is the loons Spirit night and the players will be there. Then the preseason Kitchener Showcase

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
King is a great addition, he will add toughness for sure, as long it's under control.

I think Bode will attend camp but will end up playing pro, along with Coskey.

The big question is Prostevov, where will he be? Lennox won't be playing backup this year, therefore Prostevov will be traded or maybe he has a shot in minors with Arizona.

I like our team again this year, lots of young talent. Just need to figure out OA's and we are ready to
roll.

Our top 6 would be stronger with Coskey, however, Perfetti-Jenkins-Giroux, Porco- Gilmour- Busdeker. A top 3 forward will be needed if Prosvetov shows up? Meaning Ivan could help get us that top forward in a trade. Lennox needs to be #1, he is the future.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Do you think they got King because they know Wilde is not coming back? If Wilde does come back what do the top 6 pairings look like as it now seems we would have too many back there?

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Also, what's the story on Katic and Goldowski? I haven't heard a peep about either....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->