Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I've heard the following teams, but have not heard of any return players

Busdeker - was the 67's but as of lately the Fronts

Gilmour - Petes and (Oshawa interested I've heard lately)

Grondin - Sudbury
We're in on Grondin? I'd be ecstatic, who is it we could be giving up though? Unless it's part of a bigger deal.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I've heard the following teams, but have not heard of any return players

Busdeker - was the 67's but as of lately the Fronts

Gilmour - Petes and (Oshawa interested I've heard lately)

Grondin - Sudbury

Gilmour would open up the gold package needed for Wilde. Grondin is in that area where I like his upside but he can't get the right time here to reach full potential. either him or Katic not both and I like Katic's athleticism a bit more.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I was hoping to see some trades much to my disappointment finding out it's next Tuesday. Oh well, l hope the fish are biting this LONG weekend.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Could the deal involve Wilde?
Strange trading partners and if Wilde won't report to Saginaw, I'd find it odd he'd put Flint on his list of places he'll report to. Not impossible but highly unlikely I'd think. After hearing them talk about him on draft day and his issues with UofM, I'm not sure I'd wanna see Flint pay the price he'll likely fetch.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
The info did come from a legitimate source, but they were not certain when something could happen, before or after camp.

I'm waiting just like everyone else to see what takes place.

I think Wilde may be in the mix too with some teams. I've recently heard that the Fronts are interested in Grondin, and the Generals in Gilmour.

Not certain in I was the GM I'd be moving either of them, but this is the word on the streets of Saginaw!

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Personally I would prefer Bode play on the same team as Jenkins.

Speaking of Jenkins, what do you guys think of the kid? I love the name and the islanders could always use centers

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Personally I would prefer Bode play on the same team as Jenkins.

Speaking of Jenkins, what do you guys think of the kid? I love the name and the islanders could always use centers
Jenkins will do nothing but get better, he is a big strong young man who will get chance to play top 6 minutes with a host of talented players around him. I would prefer Bode to play with Blade as well. Time will tell, the whole team has plenty to prove to the doubters.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Dumpnchase17

Dec 13, 2017
A big year coming for Blade, a fist rounder picked 134th overall is probably not where he wanted to be. Its time to show his leadership and skill . The same goes for Porco, another 1st rounder with top 6 minutes and special teams scoring only 5 goals.

Reactions: Finster8

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
A big year coming for Blade, a fist rounder picked 134th overall is probably not where he wanted to be. Its time to show his leadership and skill . The same goes for Porco, another 1st rounder with top 6 minutes and special teams scoring only 5 goals.
For both our sakes I hope Jenkins has a good year for the spirit

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Max Grondin will be playing for the Carolina Hurricanes in NHL Prospects Tournament in Traverse City. Is this a guy we want to trade? Webb and Gilmour will represent Detroit.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
...Speaking of Jenkins... I love the name...
Really? All I can think of whenever I see his name is "What were his parents thinking??? Poor guy has to tell everyone he meets his entire life that his name is...'Blade'". :eyeroll: Poor guy. Love his game, though.

Reactions: Savard18

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Really? All I can think of whenever I see his name is "What were his parents thinking??? Poor guy has to tell everyone he meets his entire life that his name is...'Blade'". :eyeroll: Poor guy. Love his game, though.
Tell me about it! The guy had a rough time in the national program aparentally, but you guys all sound pretty high on him. Do you think he could make it in the NHL as a bottom six energy guy, or is his game more offensive focused? He was drafted high by the spirit and 20 goals as a rookie for what was from what I understand a pretty bad team, that’s promising.

Sounds like Saginaw will be much better this year, I will try and catch some games - especially if you guys do indeed get Bode Wilde. If Bode stinks academically then the best possible thing for him is to maximize his talent and focus on becoming a quality hockey player. OHL would be perfect for him

Also I think the name Blade is awesome, wish my parents gave me a name that stood out like that. I bet that they wanted him to become an American gladiator :p

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
For real. From the Kid Rock book of baby names or something.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I expect a move this week prior to camp.

Teams involved with talks I've heard:

Petes, 67's, Barrie, Kingston, Sudbury and Oshawa.

Players involved in discussion:

Busdeker, Grondin, Gilmour, Hill, Larmour

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Tell me about it! The guy had a rough time in the national program aparentally, but you guys all sound pretty high on him. Do you think he could make it in the NHL as a bottom six energy guy, or is his game more offensive focused? He was drafted high by the spirit and 20 goals as a rookie for what was from what I understand a pretty bad team, that’s promising.

Sounds like Saginaw will be much better this year, I will try and catch some games - especially if you guys do indeed get Bode Wilde. If Bode stinks academically then the best possible thing for him is to maximize his talent and focus on becoming a quality hockey player. OHL would be perfect for him

Also I think the name Blade is awesome, wish my parents gave me a name that stood out like that. I bet that they wanted him to become an American gladiator :p
Yes. I would take the name Blade over Thrasymachus.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
No..."Rolf" and "Hakon" are real names. Norwegian names, so yeah, they're unusual, but real names nonetheless. "Blade" is not a name.
(But yes, I would take Blade on my team, before I'd take Rolf or Hakon.)

Oh Rolf's a Norwegian name? A real name? Please tell me more as I am throughly interested in what is and isn't a name. Please oh please expound of the subject. You have a few weeks of time left to waste so go for it.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Oh Rolf's a Norwegian name? A real name? Please tell me more as I am throughly interested in what is and isn't a name. Please oh please expound of the subject. You have a few weeks of time left to waste so go for it.

Come on Kingpin dont you know:

Rolf is an old Norwegian name meaning: Will buy your own ohl team so your son can play jrs, fire anyone who tries to talk sense into you, and run it into the ground in 4 years.

Reactions: Kingpin794

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Come on Kingpin dont you know:

Rolf is an old Norwegian name meaning: Will buy your own ohl team so your son can play jrs, fire anyone who tries to talk sense into you, and run it into the ground in 4 years.
That run down team seemed to handle the Spirit just fine since they joined the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad