Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Wilde said he's coming to OHL.

We have his rights.

There isn't a realistic offer in my mind someone could put out there that would be better than having a known top pairing defenseman come into the line up for a couple years.

2 2nds and a 3rd is nowhere close to worth trading him IMO. Double that. Even then, that just currency to spend on getting someone just as good. Cut out the extra step and don't trade him.

There's no reason to trade him.

Reactions: Finster8

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Wilde said he's coming to OHL.

We have his rights.

There isn't a realistic offer in my mind someone could put out there that would be better than having a known top pairing defenseman come into the line up for a couple years.

2 2nds and a 3rd is nowhere close to worth trading him IMO. Double that. Even then, that just currency to spend on getting someone just as good. Cut out the extra step and don't trade him.

There's no reason to trade him.

If the Jake Baskin report is correct, he won’t play for Saginaw. So better to get assets than nothing. He also said “it’s being taken care of and I’ll know pretty soon”. So I’d think that means on Aug 1 when the trade window opens, he’ll be moved

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Interesting. Still though, him not having the proper credits doesn't exactly scream "problem guy who will ruin your locker room".

Wonder what he will cost in a trade

3-2nds+ 3-3rds or 2-2nds + 3-3rds and a prospect if not we keep him. He was a top 15 talent most of the year and that costs assets. I hope we keep him and we know anything can happen. I am sure their would be great interest from a few teams.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
3-2nds+ 3-3rds or 2-2nds + 3-3rds and a prospect if not we keep him. He was a top 15 talent most of the year and that costs assets. I hope we keep him and we know anything can happen. I am sure their would be great interest from a few teams.

If Will Cuylle got traded today (3rd overall pick), he'd likely go for 3 2nds+3 3rds. There's no way you're getting that for 2 years of a D-man who didn't even get drafted in the 1st round

I assume Wilde wouldn't come to SAG or else a trade wouldn't be happening and they'd keep him because he fits their window pretty nicely. So the "we'll just keep him then" option likely wouldn't work, unless Jake Baskin got 100% wrong information

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Let's see what happens you maybe right? Perfetti signed and was not suppose too. As far as his price tag that's up to the GM. He will not come cheap. More than a few teams will be interested Niagara, London etc.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Let's see what happens you maybe right? Perfetti signed and was not suppose too. As far as his price tag that's up to the GM. He will not come cheap. More than a few teams will be interested Niagara, London etc.

Yeah I'm just going off the Baskin tweet of Wilde saying "it'll be taken care of soon" and knowing that the trade freeze is lifted in 6 days

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Yeah I'm just going off the Baskin tweet of Wilde saying "it'll be taken care of soon" and knowing that the trade freeze is lifted in 6 days

People are bored. I'm not saying there won't be a trade but speculating the terms of a big trade sure is more interesting than just twiddling your thumbs in 90 degree heat for key board GM's. It's not smart to trade him. The assests won't equal what you'd get on the ice simply because a known good is worth a lot more than picks even if they're gonna get flipped.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
People are bored. I'm not saying there won't be a trade but speculating the terms of a big trade sure is more interesting than just twiddling your thumbs in 90 degree heat for key board GM's. It's not smart to trade him. The assests won't equal what you'd get on the ice simply because a known good is worth a lot more than picks even if they're gonna get flipped.

Yeah, if they’re trading him it’s only because he wouldn’t have reported to Saginaw. Otherwise like you said, doesn’t make sense to move who would be your best D-man

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Yeah, if they’re trading him it’s only because he wouldn’t have reported to Saginaw. Otherwise like you said, doesn’t make sense to move who would be your best D-man

Even if he doesn't want to report to us, I still don't think about trading him since he's already made it known he's coming to the OHL. He mentioned the OHL specifically. He didn't mention USHL or another college as an option which means to me he views the OHL as the superior route of development for himself. We essentially have a monopoly on the product that the customer demands. I'm sure the Islanders wouldn't mind having couple of their prospects playing together on the same team in the OHL. Just keep working on him and try to sell him on what's happening here.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

Even if he doesn't want to report to us, I still don't think about trading him since he's already made it known he's coming to the OHL. He mentioned the OHL specifically. He didn't mention USHL or another college as an option which means to me he views the OHL as the superior route of development for himself. We essentially have a monopoly on the product that the customer demands. I'm sure the Islanders wouldn't mind having couple of their prospects playing together on the same team in the OHL. Just keep working on him and try to sell him on what's happening here.

its all based on second hand information outside of saginaw, but im pretty sure hes playing in saginaw next year.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby

Well said, it was good enough to attract Perfetti to sign. Jenkins the year before. The team is ready to prove how much they have improved. We need Prosvetov to have a good year if Wilde is traded then an OA defenseman Gleason would fit the bill.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
its all based on second hand information outside of saginaw, but im pretty sure hes playing in saginaw next year.

with the way you worded that, even if he gets traded you can be like “see, I told you he’d play in Saginaw!” when his team has a road game in Saginaw. Smart

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
with the way you worded that, even if he gets traded you can be like “see, I told you he’d play in Saginaw!” when his team has a road game in Saginaw. Smart

not quite

im trying to say that i dont have anyone from saginaw telling me anything. i have a few friends in the league, they all say that wilde is signed in saginaw. thats it, thats all.

hows that lol?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
not quite

im trying to say that i dont have anyone from saginaw telling me anything. i have a few friends in the league, they all say that wilde is signed in saginaw. thats it, thats all.

hows that lol?

I know, I made a joke but you didn’t get it.

It’s becoming a real head to head between your “league sources” and Jake Baskin’s lol

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby

It’s becoming a real head to head between your “league sources” and Jake Baskin’s lol

OHL4Life has different sources and l hope he is right. Looking at NYI thread Wilde was playing well at camp and looked good. We need that talent in Saginaw it would be a great pairing of Middleton and Wilde. Saves us a bundle of picks wich can be used to get that top forward and an OA to boost the offense. Plenty of picks and prospects to sweeten the deals.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

no i got it

i dont claim to have any inside info or claim to be an insider, i know a few people in the league, one fairly high up the ladder with a team. they all think hes going to saginaw, thats what im adding.

im not really worried about what others say or if im 'right', im just offering whatever info i can. if people find value in that, awesome, if not, oh well. people can believe whoever jake baskin is if they like, all good, i just gave whatever info i had, how right it is im not sure, its speculation.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
OHL4Life has different sources and l hope he is right. Looking at NYI thread Wilde was playing well at camp and looked good. We need that talent in Saginaw it would be a great pairing of Middleton and Wilde. Saves us a bundle of picks wich can be used to get that top forward and an OA to boost the offense. Plenty of picks and prospects to sweeten the deals.

Yeah if you guys got Wilde that would certainly help a lot for both this year and next year

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Bode Wilde will be in a Saginaw jersey for the beginning of the year. But feom last years regulars, Busdeker, Grondin and Gilmour won't be. Stay tuned folks!

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Bode Wilde will be in a Saginaw jersey for the beginning of the year. But feom last years regulars, Busdeker, Grondin and Gilmour won't be. Stay tuned folks!

You know this for sure, or just speculation?

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I've heard the following teams, but have not heard of any return players

Busdeker - was the 67's but as of lately the Fronts

Gilmour - Petes and (Oshawa interested I've heard lately)

Grondin - Sudbury

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Where are they headed.... or multiple deals?

Not that I know anything, but I doubt any team would want or can afford to pay for all three in one deal. Saginaw probably gets the best deal by including them separately, although there could be a few others that could end up available and included in a deal, like Webb or Hill.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

Grondin - Sudbury

I could see a Gilmour for Gallant swap happening.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013

Grondin - Sudbury
Busdeker's name keeps coming up for Ottawa. I just don't see a fit. We're loaded on right wing unless they make another trade with their current crew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad