Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Would have been nice if Lennox would have brought the rest of his team with him to Guelph.

How did Saginaw get out of the first round anyway?? Turnover after turnover on their own end.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
They have given the puck up at will tonight, have played little or zero team defense and have let this kid out to dry. Bode Wilde will look good in a Spirit jersey next year!

DavelPatsyuk

Feb 26, 2018
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Ok. Because that's the ONLY reason.

You had a very good but not deep team. Got beat by a better one. Seems really hard for Soo fans to admit that.

Game 1, your PK won you the game. Game 2 was a fiasco. PK kept you in game 3, our goaltending was suboptimal. We played well game 4 and 5. If your PK is average we lead the series 3-2 going into game 6, or win in 5. I never claimed we were deep, just that you’re very beatable. Especially with your ticking time bomb of a goaltender now suspended

Reactions: soo hound girl

bear6

Feb 20, 2015

You had a very good but not deep team. Got beat by a better one. Seems really hard for Soo fans to admit that.
Not all Soo fans I'll say the better team won, but now will see what Saginaw is made of when they have to face real adversity, because their hot headed goalie went and did the dumbest thing. Good luck from here on out and success if you guys make it by Guelph. IMO i think Ottawa will walk over any of the two teams left in the west, they are a juggernaut right now

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Game 1, your PK won you the game. Game 2 was a fiasco. PK kept you in game 3, our goaltending was suboptimal. We played well game 4 and 5. If your PK is average we lead the series 3-2 going into game 6, or win in 5. I never claimed we were deep, just that you’re very beatable. Especially with your ticking time bomb of a goaltender now suspended

Literally everyone is beatable. You're not saying anything there.

But then you said the PK was the ONLY reason we won the series. If you just admitted that you weren't a deep team, that would be something working against you wouldn't it? So the PK wouldn't be the only reason then right?

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Sault is a great program and passionate fans for sure, however they are one of the least objective groups in the league. Don’t get sucked in.

Lennox is pretty good!

DavelPatsyuk

Feb 26, 2018
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Literally everyone is beatable. You're not saying anything there.

But then you said the PK was the ONLY reason we won the series. If you just admitted that you weren't a deep team, that would be something working against you wouldn't it? So the PK wouldn't be the only reason then right?

Maybe I should clarify? There are teams that are built elite, and dominant. See Ottawa this year, London in the past, Oshawa in 2015 or even 2014 Guelph. These are teams that you may realistically expect to steal a game or two against, but probably not beat over 7 games.

Saginaw is not one of those teams. They’re a great team, yes. But, they’re prone to producing turnovers and can be shut down fairly easily with a neutral zone trap and good puck moving dman that can control and retrieve the puck in the dzone, and drive play the other way 5 on 5.

Saginaw PK was undeniably the difference maker in the second round.

It’s not unreasonable to see them lose this series, or any past the first round. That’s all I mean by beatable, they’re just not as far above the other teams as other have been. It’s incredibly good for the league. With Prosvetov out, the odds are better.

bwhite154

Mar 27, 2019

All respect and not making any excuses ..you guys beat us in second round but game 1 and 3 you should have lost at leats one of them..that would have changed the series if not for that bad luck in those two games which hounds deserved. good luck saginaw rest of way and hope you can get passt your suspensions.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I don't like what is happening in Saginaw still a lot of hockey left. If we lose to Guelph it is over. Stop the wine and cheese party, l don't like the Murray call at most 2games but watching Lennox play so well stopping 41 of 45 gives us a chance every game.
You lost deal with it.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Not likely you were going to sweep the series. Lennox upheld my expectations from page 6 - he’s at least as good as Guelph tender. No worries there...
A win, needing better effort from all, on Wednesday will put the Spirit in good stead. Lose Wednesday, you still maintain home ice advantage - until (if? when?) Guelph can beat you at home, you’re still in the driver’s seat

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Not likely you were going to sweep the series. Lennox upheld my expectations from page 6 - he’s at least as good as Guelph tender. No worries there...
A win, needing better effort from all, on Wednesday will put the Spirit in good stead. Lose Wednesday, you still maintain home ice advantage - until (if? when?) Guelph can beat you at home, you’re still in the driver’s seat

Ask Knights fans if Guelph can win on the road. Should be interesting anyway.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I still really like Saginaw's team - lots of respect for that group of guys - and to be honest I have been (and will be) cheering even harder for them with Prosvetov out of the lineup. His antics all season do not represent Saginaw hockey, and I would love nothing better than to see Prosvetov riding the pine in the League finals after Lennox leads them there.

Go Spirit.

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I still really like Saginaw's team - lots of respect for that group of guys - and to be honest I have been (and will be) cheering even harder for them with Prosvetov out of the lineup. His antics all season do not represent Saginaw hockey, and I would love nothing better than to see Prosvetov riding the pine in the League finals after Lennox leads them there.

Go Spirit.
Ivan certainly better learn from this as he is a gifted player. It has put the weight on the rest of the team to pick up the slack. Lennox needs to keep up the good work and his teammates have to put the team defense first. Help out their goalie as much as possible. The offense has to score more than 2 goals to beat Guelph. Go Spirit!!

Ivan certainly better learn from this as he is a gifted player. It has put the weight on the rest of the team to pick up the slack. Lennox needs to keep up the good work and his teammates have to put the team defense first. Help out their goalie as much as possible. The offense has to score more than 2 goals to beat Guelph. Go Spirit!!
Question...if Lennox plays lights out and Saginaw gets past Guelph..does Provie get the net back when he returns?

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Guelph had to play Ratcliffe, Entwistle and Suzuki every second shift to do it. Guelph isn't as deep as many people believe.

Ralph was the first star last night (a third liner). Gogolev is finally getting healthy and his strength and creativity are returning. Toropchenko is hitting hard and is capable. Commisso has a great GAF meter and has potted a few this post season. Hillis out decreased the depth but our bottom 6 is solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad