Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boduke

Oct 13, 2017
Not at all a Sporit fan just saying it seems steep and you can’t complain if you know it’s going to be so steep so keep your frustration in check
Sorry that you are not a Spirit fan.
Pucks come into the crowd all the time and most teams are lucky that few fans get seriously injured. Ivan Prosvetov was very deliberate in his actions and, in my opinion, deserved the 5 games suspension --- it was not an inadvertent act. The family of Brittanie Nicole Cecil sure know the effects of a misdirected puck.

Mr Puck

Feb 17, 2019
In 2009 Adam Comrie of the Spirit, fished the puck out of the net after the opposing team scored and fired the puck into the home crowd, striking a fan in the forehead causing a 30 stitch gash. He was given 5 game suspension and sent home by the Spirit. Different circumstances but I don't think the Spirit are going to send Ivan home.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
But in all honesty we knew it was inevitable. Sad but true. I hope he learns what position he has left his team mates in and learn from your mistakes like we all have. What's up with the Murray hit?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
As I recall, and, please correct me if I am wrong on this first item, but, Lennox is highly toughted, yes? I believe he is on TC’s radar or has even played for one of their teams in the past.

On a second note, a 16yo played in the Memorial Cup last year.

It may not be over, time to shine.

Lennox was slated to be the number one going into next year. Looks like that assignment came a little early!

Baptism by fire for sure starting tonight

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
But in all honesty we knew it was inevitable. Sad but true. I hope he learns what position he has left his team mates in and learn from your mistakes like we all have. What's up with the Murray hit?

OHL also gave Salinitri a six games suspension. Looks like they aren't messing around with dealing out punishment this postseason. At least they're consistent.

Reactions: Finster8

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
OHL also gave Salinitri a six games suspension. Looks like they aren't messing around with dealing out punishment this postseason. At least they're consistent.
Not actually. The league missed the suspension on Niagara’s Stephen Dhillon for his obvious knee to Nico Gross in Game 5.

I don’t know. I am sure there were others. Check the Gennies thread, lots of finger pointing back to the League there.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I don't think there is much in the "suspension" category that can be "bought back". I think there is some confusion between suspensions and game misconducts.

Um, no confusion at all. Second fight same stoppage is an automatic two gamer in the regular season. In the playoffs, it can be bought back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad