Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
It's unfortunate but we're probably moving towards having the mesh encircle the entire rink in the not too distant future. It sucks for viewing the play but fan safety will always prevail.
Suck for them as I would not renew my wife’s season tickets if I have to look thru the mesh. Watch the gd game and leave your gd cell, phone in your pocket.

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
Suck for them as I would not renew my wife’s season tickets if I have to look thru the mesh. Watch the gd game and leave your gd cell, phone in your pocket.
I agree I see people on their phones all the time, but its after the whistle blows that's when some people check their phones for other score updates or checking on kids or whatever the reason

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
I agree I see people on their phones all the time, but its after the whistle blows that's when some people check their phones for other score updates or checking on kids or whatever the reason
Point taken. Then perhaps they should turn their backs to the ice surface. :)

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

Some people are on their phones all the time whether the play is stopped or not. Just like they're on their phones all the time while they're driving, while they're walking through intersections etc.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Getting closer to game time approximately 7 hr away. When do we find out what the decision is? So the Saginaw Staff can adjust to the final decision. Murray hit was harmless seen much worse than that and only received 2 minutes.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Getting closer to game time approximately 7 hr away. When do we find out what the decision is? So the Saginaw Staff can adjust to the final decision. Murray hit was harmless seen much worse than that and only received 2 minutes.
Team probably already knows the decision. They would need time to call up somebody for a backup if required. When it goes public is another story.

STEEL33

Mar 25, 2019
I wondered at what point Prosvetov antics would cost the Spirit. Looks like it happend and could cost the team a trip to the mem cup really is a shame you guys deserved something good to happen. Maybe now Prosvetov will mature a bit because of this.
So you are saying it is over?

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I wondered at what point Prosvetov antics would cost the Spirit. Looks like it happend and could cost the team a trip to the mem cup really is a shame you guys deserved something good to happen. Maybe now Prosvetov will mature a bit because of this.

Saginaw and media guy Joey need to stop pumping him for all his antics. It finally cost the team as they failed to control him from the beginning.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I was at the Knights -Spirit game when he whacked Lochead in the nuts and I told my granddaughter that being a loose cannon like that would hurt the team down the road. Murray getting suspended doesn't really fit his personality as he is normally tough but clean. That really sucks as he stabilizes the back end for you guys. Hopefully the 16 year old will hold the fort and you guys can carry on and grow from this experience.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
It's not over till the Fat Lady Sings. Still have to beat the Spirit 4 times if I remember correctly. Ya with our #1 goalie and our best Dman out hurts any team. The boys have as good a reason as any to pull off the upset now. Go Spirit!!

Last edited:

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
Seems like a pretty harsh punishment but I’m sure every player is told to hold back their emotions with regards to where they fire the puck as even an accident seems quite costly

Boduke

Oct 13, 2017
Seems like a pretty harsh punishment but I’m sure every player is told to hold back their emotions with regards to where they fire the puck as even an accident seems quite costly
Only seems like a harsh punishment because you are a Spirit supporter and no one in the crowd got hurt. If a spectator had got hurt, what would your reaction be.
I am sure that OHL weighed all of the info before levying the suspension

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
As I recall, and, please correct me if I am wrong on this first item, but, Lennox is highly toughted, yes? I believe he is on TC’s radar or has even played for one of their teams in the past.

On a second note, a 16yo played in the Memorial Cup last year.

It may not be over, time to shine.

Reactions: sbpointer

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
Only seems like a harsh punishment because you are a Spirit supporter and no one in the crowd got hurt. If a spectator had got hurt, what would your reaction be.
I am sure that OHL weighed all of the info before levying the suspension
Not at all a Sporit fan just saying it seems steep and you can’t complain if you know it’s going to be so steep so keep your frustration in check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad