Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Well I don't believe in polls much, however our 5-0-1 record brought us up to 9th in the CHL rankings this week. If we intend on staying close Prosvetov has to get across border, luckily we have two home games Barrie a solid team and Flint who are a much better team than their record indicates.
Any Everett updates are appreciated? We need this guy in our lineup or add another OA D-man and top scoring 99 forward. Ya, patience l know. Defense is needed you can't burn them out early add a Mattinen and Everett comes back your D is looking pretty good.
Mattinen-Wilde See if Hamilton is interested in Stepien or Grondin,Katic 1prospect and 3rd+ 5th Rd
Webb-Everett/Penman
Millman/O'Grady-Davis
We are going too need at least 2 older forwards and 1 stay at home d and Russian goalie in all the games, our top line is carrying the load,giroux scored all his goals last weekend when he was on line with coskey/micknavk during when he was changing with Gilly , porco never looks to pass
Feel sorry for Jenkins on that line , 4th line as put up a total of 3 pts between 4 guys and see as many shifts as other lines , 3rd line is ok , need a different center that can make plays for cole and buds

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Giroux and Gilmour should switch lines now! That will benefit all players. I'd like to see porco and DJ switch too.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Need to get rid of the kids that don't fit into the future plans. Make the team better add Mattinen or Saigeon. Hamilton does need to get assets back. Picks and prospects we have, let's make a deal. Robertson, Tippett are 99's, Brazeau OA are strong RW's need someone with Jenkins.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Need to get rid of the kids that don't fit into the future plans. Make the team better add Mattinen or Saigeon. Hamilton does need to get assets back. Picks and prospects we have, let's make a deal. Robertson, Tippett are 99's, Brazeau OA are strong RW's need someone with Jenkins.
Bottom line
Saginaw got smoked tonight
Who showed up?
4 lines playing again , lol we don’t have 4 lines

Reactions: Finster8

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Well that one stung!!

It was a pleasure to watch Barrie move the puck around. Everyone of there lines looked to pass and playmake. Nice to see.

Saginaw if they want success has to play as a team. Too many selfish players trying to be the hero. But, until those players get told it will continue. These players right now are being rewarded with ice time, so I don't see a solution coming soon in that respect.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Well that one stung!!

It was a pleasure to watch Barrie move the puck around. Everyone of there lines looked to pass and playmake. Nice to see.

Saginaw if they want success has to play as a team. Too many selfish players trying to be the hero. But, until those players get told it will continue. These players right now are being rewarded with ice time, so I don't see a solution coming soon in that respect.

Our defense giving up 6 or so a game, l mean team defense and selfish play is managed by the coach. Have to play the systems our D should not be this bad. What's the fix? Time, OA D, who knows? We are getting lots of shots even when we lose.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Your right, what is the solution.

As you said, D, OA, Time and then I'd add a coach maybe. I don't see them responding to the coach. I have said all along he has lost the room.

Hope things turn around tonight.

Reactions: Dumpnchase17

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Well that one stung!!

Not sure what you mean rewarded with ice time
All 4 lines play and a total of 8 forwards get pp opertunity, leaves 4 forwards out , bottom line is you have have only so many kids that can complete against the older teams , our young guns still need 2 more years to mature and get stronger
If you look at our loses it has come against teams that are filled with older forwards , that’s the bottom line , and our d has never been good
Cormes saw the most shots last year and we lost only 2 dmen so why would it get any better our
D plus/minus is 0 , that’s how bad we are

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Not sure what you mean rewarded with ice time
All 4 lines play and a total of 8 forwards get pp opertunity, leaves 4 forwards out , bottom line is you have have only so many kids that can complete against the older teams , our young guns still need 2 more years to mature and get stronger
If you look at our loses it has come against teams that are filled with older forwards , that’s the bottom line , and our d has never been good
Cormes saw the most shots last year and we lost only 2 dmen so why would it get any better our
D plus/minus is 0 , that’s how bad we are

Also we have only 4 forwards in the plus side and 3 play on 1 line then g the captain
The rest of the forwards are in the minus , maybe we should keep giving them more ice time

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Nice bounce back win. Nice to see Perfetti continue his hot streak and Grondin get his first goal.

Good job by Katic to play some defence while Wilde is out. He deserves a shout out.

Michnac, what do I say, not a huge fan of the style of your game, but keep those numbers coming. It looked like he and Gilmour (5 point weekend in 2 games) had some good chemistry this weekend.

I'd still like to see giroux and Gilmour switched. That would help Jenkins IMO. Busdeker line is doing well, so I once said move him up but maybe I'd keep him there as things are clicking with them.

Great game Prueter!

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Go out dust off the memories of mediocrity and add a quality player to play with Jenkins. It makes the team instantly stronger. They should have an idea of what direction they are going? We have enough to build a strong contender with 2 quality players add a RW or C, and LD but again Mattinen is RD he would be fine.
Love the way Porco and Perfetti are playing acquiring a Tippett or Robertson helps these young guys learn from the vets experience, work ethic etc. We are better as soon as Everett comes back it's like getting a top D back without picks/prospects.
No teams are dominating the West, over the next 6 weeks decides your fate in some cases. Sellers or Buyers we should be really looking at getting these 2 players and get better now.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Kingston got pounded again today! Make the call DD, do it now, don't wait until someone else gets Robertson!

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Kingston got pounded again today! Make the call DD, do it now, don't wait until someone else gets Robertson!

If they are getting pounded they arent going to move thier best player until they have to. Noone will show up to watch a team get manhandled every night. Will be worse without him.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Jason Robertson is up for trade...go get him!

OHLInsiders(.com) @OHLinsiders

The Kingston #Frontenacs have put Jason Robertson on the #OHL trade wire.

Don't think it means anything is imminent but it does indicate that the process of moving the highly coveted forward has begun.

Robertson was selected 39th overall by the @DallasStars in 2017.
9:23 PM - Oct 24, 2018
At some point Robertson was going to be traded - Kingston needs the picks. OHLinsider is just stating the obvious. As usual throwing something against the wall hoping it sticks.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Calm down. He isn't getting moved until at or near the deadline.

Also no way Kingston moves Robertson (a
top 3 player in the league) for less than an '02 first rounder and a bunch of high picks. KGN knows the price very well (paid it to get Dal Colle, then to get Vilardi). SAG won't move Perfetti so the Robertson talks are a waste of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->