Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Looking forward to visiting Michigan this weekend. My 3rd visit with the Attack, 2nd with the Attack Pak fan club .

Your club is big, fast and excellent goaltending .

Go easy on our boys, many of them 17 and younger, including both goalies.

FYI, both Attack tenders are from USA. First time we've had two American goalies rostered together.

We're suddenly in the early stages of rebuilding . 7 top players out. Coach out two weeks ago.

Should make the playoffs .

Reactions: bcspragu

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Looking forward to visiting Michigan this weekend. My 3rd visit with the Attack, 2nd with the Attack Pak fan club .

Your club is big, fast and excellent goaltending .

Go easy on our boys, many of them 17 and younger, including both goalies.

FYI, both Attack tenders are from USA. First time we've had two American goalies rostered together.

We're suddenly in the early stages of rebuilding . 7 top players out. Coach out two weeks ago.

Should make the playoffs .

Always great having opposing fans in the Dow! Hope you guys have a safe trip out!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Here's a funny story. My first trip to the Dow, we all went out after the game for wings and beer .

I got carded .
Then the next morning, at Dennys for breakfast, I got carded again .

The first time, to make sure I was legal drinking age ( which I believe is 21 in Michigan ?)

The next morning, to ensure I met the criteria to qualify for seniors discount pricing .

At the time I was in my late 50's . Maybe I'm a youthful looking senior ? Haha

Go figure ...

Reactions: bcspragu

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Here's a funny story. My first trip to the Dow, we all went out after the game for wings and beer .

I got carded .
Then the next morning, at Dennys for breakfast, I got carded again .

The first time, to make sure I was legal drinking age ( which I believe is 21 in Michigan ?)

The next morning, to ensure I met the criteria to qualify for seniors discount pricing .

At the time I was in my late 50's . Maybe I'm a youthful looking senior ? Haha

Go figure ...

You should definitely take that as a compliment because at least fhe first time they thought you looked under 40. I got the same thing going. I'm 27 but look like I'm still in high school. Even worse for my brother who's been accused of having a fake ID a time or two....I guess that's why he grew the beard.

Reactions: Millpond

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Our first trip to Saginaw/Flint with the Attack Fan Club. Looking forward to seeing your rink. I see you have your annual Ice Blast. Any details you can share on what is featured? See $5 beer; $2 pizza...anything else exciting?

Someone might be able to better help you with more specifics on Ice Blast, as normally we are just in and out for games and don't attend. I do think they have some live music and inflatable games for the kids.

If you guys head inside they do a thing called the 90 minute power-play from 5:30 till 7 before the game (normally a booth in the Red Room, ask any arena attendant in a yellow jacket and they should be able to guide you). During the PP they have $2 sodas and bottled water, $2 hot dogs, $2 12 oz beer, and $1 chips and candy.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Someone might be able to better help you with more specifics on Ice Blast, as normally we are just in and out for games and don't attend. I do think they have some live music and inflatable games for the kids.

If you guys head inside they do a thing called the 90 minute power-play from 5:30 till 7 before the game (normally a booth in the Red Room, ask any arena attendant in a yellow jacket and they should be able to guide you). During the PP they have $2 sodas and bottled water, $2 hot dogs, $2 12 oz beer, and $1 chips and candy.

In that case, let's hope the Attack commit several infractions !!

Reactions: Radar9

bcspirit

Jan 10, 2013
North America
What’s the parking like at spirit games?
There is a parking garage and a large outdoor lot across the street from the arena for $6 and the lot at the bus station across the street I believe is still $5. If you arrive early enough there is also parking in front of the arena for $11. Personally the garage is our choice this time of year due to the protection from the elements somewhat.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
London beat Guelph 6-1 so we picked up 2pts on Guelph with a game in hand. If we win game in hand we have an 8 pt cushion with 15 games left.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
The boys seem to be coming together nicely down there? As a Knights fan this is worrisome however if you all draw the Soo and put them out early in the first round maybe, they are for sure one of our source’s of pain!

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
The boys seem to be coming together nicely down there? As a Knights fan this is worrisome however if you all draw the Soo and put them out early in the first round maybe, they are for sure one of our source’s of pain!

If Saginaw draws the Soo in the first round this year something went horribly wrong for one of those two teams.

Reactions: Finster8 and Otto

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
If Saginaw draws the Soo in the first round this year something went horribly wrong for one of those two teams.
Lol yes I meant second round assuming the Top 4 get by without any upsets and the Knights hang on for first I think Guelph pretty much has 4th locked up. Second Round.....lol

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Well played game by the Spirit with a 6-1 win over OS. Guelph and London lost that helps us gain on both clubs.
The lines are starting to come together with some definite chemistry developing. The team D is getting better. Forwards are playing 200 ft games makes it easier on the D. Prosvetov just missing a chance for his 4th SO with OS scoring in the last minute. Perfetti with his 4th multipoint game in his last 7, Busdeker 2G + 1A, Coskey, Tippett and Michnac with a goal each.

Mr Puck

Feb 17, 2019
Spirit team very good offensively, Prosvetov stands on his head most games. This team is about offense only, no accountability for defense, too many odd man rushes for the other team. It really shows when they higher quality teams.

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Spirit team very good offensively, Prosvetov stands on his head most games. This team is about offense only, no accountability for defense, too many odd man rushes for the other team. It really shows when they higher quality teams.
The defense has been our main concern all year. If Everett can return to his old self would help tremendously. If we don't play a disciplined defensive game against the better clubs it always shows up on the score sheet. Point being if we don't start to really work on that part of the game it will hurt us in the playoffs. The D has to concentrate on making the right decisions and the forwards have to be back checking, helping limit the odd man rushes. Bottom line 13 games for Lazary to address the main concerns of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->