Safeco Field now called T-Mobile Park, What should the Arena be called?

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Goodbye Safeco Field, Hello 'T-Mobile Park' as Mariners announce stadium naming rights

SEATTLE -- Safeco Field is officially no more. The Seattle Mariners home park will now be known as "T-Mobile Park," the team announced Wednesday.
The team on Wednesday announced the agreement, which takes effect Jan. 1 and runs through December 2043.

Duy37FkVAAAMNzy.jpg:large

What should Seattle Center Arena be called? Amazon Arena? Microsoft Center? Expedia Forum?

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Reactions: hangman005
Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Does T-Mobile give perks to its customers that utilize the Arena down there? There will be perks for T-mobile customers at the baseball field.

Alaska already has the UW basketball arena AND Football stadium that it sponsors. Might be a bit over saturated.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Does T-Mobile give perks to its customers that utilize the Arena down there? There will be perks for T-mobile customers at the baseball field.

Alaska already has the UW basketball arena AND Football stadium that it sponsors. Might be a bit over saturated.
Yeah, T-Mobile people get their own entrance and presale stuff at T-Mobile Arena. Seems fairly similar, though there's a lot more entrances to Safeco than there are at T-MA, so it might not be as useful.

Alaska having all the UW stuff is why I figured Alaska would get into it, if only to keep Delta's name off of it assuming their little Battle for Seattle is continuing.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
It’s probably gonna be a brand that’s is not the first thing in mind when people think of Seattle. When Niners got their new stadium they named it after Levi instead of tech company.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Valve Arena ? Steam Arena ? Half Life 3 Arena would draw attention from geeks wanting a HL3 to be made

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I just want the Mascot to be a guy who looks like Kurt Cobain & dresses like him too.
Cause then people can show up to games dressed up in grunge era clothing & have mosh pits in the crowd:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Amazon Arena/Center/Place would likely be my pick. But it makes me wonder if Amazon goes for it.

But also don't like when multiple NHL teams have seemingly similar arena names. Rogers Arena and Rogers Place, Scotiabank Sattledome and Scotiabank Arena, Bell Arena and Centre Bell and Bell MTS Place. T-Mobile is going that same route.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Has anyone here even been to Seattle? Boeing is a huge huge company across USA. There biggest location is in Seattle.

Boeing Arena makes the most sense out of all of your guesses. Just my opinion as I went to school in Seattle for 4 years. That Boeing aircraft plant is absolutely massive.

Last edited:

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Has anyone here even been to Seattle? Boeing is a huge huge company across USA. There biggest location is in Seattle.

Boeing Arena makes the most sense out of all of your guesses. Just my opinion as I went to school in Seattle for 4 years. That Boeing aircraft plant is absolutely massive.
It's not really a consumer company though, doesn't make sense for them to get their name out in front of an international audience unless there's an airline competition or military spending conference regularly taking place in the arena for some reason.

It would be like a crane company putting their name on an arena, sure Liebherr is a big crane company, but nobody that's watching hockey will get swayed to move to their crane company like they would a cell phone company/bank/airline/etc.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
It's not really a consumer company though, doesn't make sense for them to get their name out in front of an international audience unless there's an airline competition or military spending conference regularly taking place in the arena for some reason.

It would be like a crane company putting their name on an arena, sure Liebherr is a big crane company, but nobody that's watching hockey will get swayed to move to their crane company like they would a cell phone company/bank/airline/etc.

Boeing isn't a local company either anymore since they moved their HQ out of Washington state. OVG may want to go with a local company.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Boeing isn't a local company either anymore since they moved their HQ out of Washington state. OVG may want to go with a local company.
I'm guessing OVG will go with whoever pays the most. T-Mobile being in Bellevue likely just worked out that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad